View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Blimey if I'd known that I could have got a grand a stud for doodles I probably wouldn't have turned them all down. I'd be about 12k better off if I had done!!!!
Becky
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Wow are we talking about the good and bad of crossbreeds? I thought the OP was about giving a crossbreed a designer name for money making purposes and breeding without consider the health implications?
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Blimey if I'd known that I could have got a grand a stud for doodles I probably wouldn't have turned them all down. I'd be about 12k better off if I had done!!!!
Becky
Yeh you could do that Becky and lower yourself to those peoples' standards...
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Wow are we talking about the good and bad of crossbreeds? I thought the OP was about giving a crossbreed a designer name for money making purposes and breeding without consider the health implications?
They were IMO but it is time that people realised that it isn;t just money-grabbing people mismating or deliberately mating crosses to give designer names and add megabucks to the price - much of the time these crossbreeds have wonderful Pedigree lines that the Pedigree owners will deny knowing full well that they HAVE allowed their dogs to be used on the quiet and made a great deal of money from it! Think about it, if someone has a large litter of say, GoldenDoodles and sell each one for let's say around £800 [don't know how much they do sell for so may not be accurate] then it was worth paying a backhander of £1000 to get a good stud name on the papers......
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 03:17 PM
But when cross breeding does it actually matter about the pedigree? Of course the pedigree from two different breeds could never match or fit well together, because they would contain different dogs of their own type.

Also have you thought maybe the breeder of a dog didnt know the dog had been cross bred, as the dog was sold and possibly has endosrments (lets not forget the endorsments mean nothing when cross breeding, or not registering)!! If I had a litter a pup could be studded to a different breed, But if i had sold that dog, how would I know if the owners choose not to tell me? and then people bring it up that dogs from my lines are appearing in cross bred pedigrees I wouldnt have a clue and would possibly kill the owner!
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
But when cross breeding does it actually matter about the pedigree? Of course the pedigree from two different breeds could never match or fit well together, because they would contain different dogs of their own type.

Also have you thought maybe the breeder of a dog didnt know the dog had been cross bred, as the dog was sold and possibly has endosrments (lets not forget the endorsments mean nothing when cross breeding, or not registering)!! If I had a litter a pup could be studded to a different breed, But if i had sold that dog, how would I know if the owners choose not to tell me? and then people bring it up that dogs from my lines are appearing in cross bred pedigrees I wouldnt have a clue and would possibly kill the owner!
The situations I have been privy to the info of the owners DID know they were using their pedigree stud for breeding crossbreeds and particularly Labradoodles and Cokerpoos (obviously not the same litter! As for the second part of your post DDz Gulp, I really don't know that much about breeding per se to reply usefully hun but if I was in your hyperthetical situation as above I'd do the same hyerthetical thing and kill them.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Of course the owners knew I said the breeders. What im saying is a breeder doesnt know whats happening to all their dogs if the owners dont tell them.

I have seen so many people that own and plan to breed labradoodles, Goldendoodles, slate pedigree dogs - and say how worthless the pedigree documents are, so I can not understand why having a pedigree, well known stud is that important, I certainly wouldnt pay £1000 for a crestie stud to go with a crestie girl if I planned to breed, let alone to cross bred.

You feeling ok today, them smilies are all over the place, mixed fellings
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Of course the owners knew I said the breeders. What im saying is a breeder doesnt know whats happening to all their dogs if the owners dont tell them.

I have seen so many people that own and plan to breed labradoodles, Goldendoodles, slate pedigree dogs - and say how worthless the pedigree documents are, so I can not understand why having a pedigree, well known stud is that important, I certainly wouldnt pay £1000 for a crestie stud to go with a crestie girl if I planned to breed, let alone to cross bred.

You feeling ok today, them smilies are all over the place, mixed fellings :lol:
Nah no mixed feelings hun just couldn't think of a solution to your bit about once the pups have gone how do you know what happens as a breeder. As for the comments above that, I suppose some breeders want pedigrees to have a high standard of bloodline etc.
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
You would be amazed how many breeders KC reg Pedigree breeders mainly, who take back handers to allow their stud to be used and charge often £1000+ for the priviledge and then deny that when their Pedigree names appear on the crossbreeds papers accuse the breeders of using their names illegally.
Yeah and ya would also be amazed at Pedigree Owners/ Breeders who have their Affix used with a dog/ Bitch that does not even exist lol I have found a few with Dogs/ Bitches who do not even exist under the breeders affix Also unethical Crossbreed Breeders copying Peds from Websites
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Just shows how unscrupulous many breeders are whether breeding crosses, pedigrees whatever; as long as they are selling pups and making money... and people wonder why I and many others are so anti-breeding and anti-breeders
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 17 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »