View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-03-2005, 07:33 PM
I usually take her collar off unless there is people visiting, because I need something to hold onto when she tries to take a maddy .
Russ
Almost a Veteran
Male 

08-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Busta doesn't wear a collar indoors as he is trusted to do as he's told Daisey still wears her collar indoors as she needs more encouragement more often
LF
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Mine don't wear collars indoors either. But I do keep a spare set of collars and leads in the bedroom too in case there is a fire in the night Absolutely paranoid and silly I know, but the dogs sleep with us and I really worried about how the firefighters would rescue them out of the window if they had nothing to grab hold of. My OH thinks I'm barking mad

Lesley
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2005, 08:11 PM
Mine wear collars during the day at home. Mostly because my Mom and Dad who dogsit when I am at work - can't tell the difference between them now - Tess has grown up. Sal has a red half check Tess has a black clip one (Sal's old one actually, ) They are handy to hold onto especially the pup when you need to. But in the evening no collars.
Karen
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2005, 08:20 PM
i have just started putting a collar on max indoors as he got out a couple of weeks ago luckily james was hot on his heels and he didnt actually get out of our sight but it scared me enough because he was collarless. i bought max a soft collar to wear indoors with a tag on obviousley. it feels weird as he doesnt look that comfortable in it bless him. he cant get on windowsills as it would probably snap so he should be ok and i can only get 2 fingers in it so he would have to rub against something quite purposefully to get hooked on something
Runstock
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Mine cannot wear collars indoors because after 10 mins we cannot find them They always manage to undo each others when playing. Think they learnt it from mum Bex who's party trick was to always free Jake when we stood still and chatted to someone on our walks Jake was not allowed off lead because the git was useless and NEVER ever came back when called. Never felt a thing, just the freed coller hitting my legs

Still remember the time I was two hours late for work trying to round him up, climbing trees, running like a loon in the opposite direction, lying down... people must of thought I was nuts...of course it was never Bex's fault, just extra two hours fun for her ops:
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2005, 08:39 PM
mine do not wear their collars indoors at all mind you they hardly wear collars at all only when we go out
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

08-03-2005, 09:12 PM
mine don't wear collars when they are inside - they used to until I heard about my friends dog that died when playing with another dog and they got their teeth caught in the collar and he was strangled nobody was about at the time to notice it had happened
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2005, 09:30 PM
mine dont wear theirs inside- because when they playfight one always gets their mouth caught in the others collar
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Teagan wears hers inside, and so does Kingsley.
Kingsley is an escape artist, so needs his on!

I always take Teagan with me to answer the door if someone knocks (living on my own and all!), so I use it to hold on to.

It's loose enough to slip over her head if need be though.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »