View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2005, 12:42 PM
My first ever Schnauzer Bunny..terrible ears and not the best looking dog but a fantastic girl and perfectly behaved. I could tell her to sit and stay and she would not move until I told her to..I swear she would have died first. I even trained her to lay down in a basket so I could take her on the bus without having to pay out of my meagre wage. She lived till the age of 16 when she was put to sleep in my arms. She is buried in an apple orchard in Somerset surrounded by spring flowers...

Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
Hmmm, I'm not quite sure that it's fair on current dogs to designate a predecessor as "the greatest" I like to think of them all as "the greatest"!

When I spoke for Kali (when he was only 3 weeks old), I reckon that I had some sort of subconscious idea that he was going to be a new Glen (my first ever Border Collie). Kali has turned out to be a terrible Glen, but he's an A-1 Kali!

Glen was the same age as me, he was a super dog to have around when I was a kid - always there for a long hug when I was upset,always ready for a game (until he got to be very old, even then, he would try). Kali is not a good comforter, but he's very good at diverting my attention from whatever may be bothering me! Which is better? I can't decide, they are/were super dogs.

Great dogs, both of them. And not forgetting Snorri-dog, who just loves his people to bits!

Snorri
:smt041
I wouldnt say its unfair Snorri it doesnt mean you think any less of one dog just because you have fond memories of another, most people usually have one pet that holds really dear to them throughout their life and it cant be too unfair since a few people have answered obviously we all love the dogs we have but usually I have come to find that one dog usually is remembered very fondly, and of course people are welcome to say their current dogs too.

Great replies people I think this is a nice subject.

Laura
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 01:28 PM
mini, that is so cute....
and what a beautiful place to bury her. its nice to have good memories.
Cooper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2005, 02:13 PM
My little Missdemina (demina for short)

She was an ex farm dog (she wasnt very good at hurding sheep!) and a black / white Springer Spaniel - with dodgy elbows so stood like a British Bulldog! she would follow you everywhere. Very fond memories cycling around to shops ect with Demina by my side.

You could get her to sit and wait at one end of the field and go 2 fields down and she wouldnt move a muscle till you called her. I loved her to bits. When she was on the farm she was an outdoor dog and had a Kennal which she was attached to by a long chain so when we bought her home she used to take refuge under the table and in her bed or kennal and became quite territorial. My little brother was sat at the table colouring and dropped a crayon under the table and being young just crawled under to fetch it - she bit my younger brother on the face and my mum decided to rehome to someone without children

I'm am a Bull breed fan but will always have a soft spot for Springers!
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Oh Mini, and I had just reapplied the mascara too
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 02:18 PM
My first lab pagan (peggy), we grew up together, she would always be there for me, i didnt have many friends growing up and went through a really rough patch when i was younger, the only thing that got me through was peggy, she was the greatest dog of all time, ill never forget her!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Gems
My first lab pagan (peggy), we grew up together, she would always be there for me, i didnt have many friends growing up and went through a really rough patch when i was younger, the only thing that got me through was peggy, she was the greatest dog of all time, ill never forget her!
Oh that's Lovely Gems I am glad you had Peggy, arn't dogs fantastic, if you are going thyough a rough patch they are so much better than humans...you don't have to explain things to them and their coats are really good at soaking up tears

OLIVE me too, I felt such a fool when the postman bought a parcel....no wonder he rushed down the drive, I have a black eye (god knows where it came from I woke up with it ) then added to that tears, running nose and running mascara ..yuk
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Originally Posted by Gems
Oh that's Lovely Gems I am glad you had Peggy, arn't dogs fantastic, if you are going thyough a rough patch they are so much better than humans...you don't have to explain things to them and their coats are really good at soaking up tears

OLIVE me too, I felt such a fool when the postman bought a parcel....no wonder he rushed down the drive, I have a black eye (god knows where it came from I woke up with it ) then added to that tears, running nose and running mascara ..yuk
One quality missing their Mini:

They never judge, that is why they are so much better than humans. Black, white, pink, straight, gay, sinner, saint it does not matter to them.
Russ
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-02-2005, 02:40 PM
My greatest dog would have to be Marley the BM,
From the age of 6 to the age 14 he was my best pal
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Exactly they never judge you and will always listen, i really miss my peggy, she was my best friend i owe so much to her.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >