View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2005, 09:23 AM
If an RSPCA officer is 'scared off' by a Staffie, then they shouldn't be in that profession.

What a load of rubbish! This is all dogs need - bad press. There's always someone slagging certain breeds.
You know, I bet you with Staffies will get looks/comments from people today when you go out for walkies
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2005, 09:38 AM
if i do H, i will ask them if they would like to meet my dogs properly, as if they did they would see that they are nothing like the press portrays them, i have already changed many peoples mind about the breed. Why are other breeds that regularly bite people and are aggresive towards other dogs never tarred with this brush? how dare people that dont really KNOW a breed make such comments, and as for that David bloke, he needs striking off the breed council, ALL GENUINE stafford owners agree that there are people out there that have 'Staffords' who give the breed a bad name, but that also goes for all breeds, there are many bad people out there but they dont all own a staffie.
I live on a council estate, i have 2 staffies, their 'reputation' has nothing to do with my choice of breed, my lifestyle AND the fact that i have 3 young children made my choice of a staffie.
God if i could come face to face with that woman that wrote that article i could make her retract everyone of her comments this has made me SO angry.
there is bad in every breed, but there is also the MAJORITY and they are excellent !!!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-01-2005, 09:38 AM
They better not Hevvur or that'll p*** me right off.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-01-2005, 09:53 AM
When someone wants to enquire about different breeds of dogs to the kennel club and tells them they are considering a pup and have a young family guess which breed the KC recomend?..........................yes you guessed it, the good old staffy.

Would the KC put their reputation on the line by matching up children with these so called "devil dogs"..............I THINK NOT.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2005, 10:40 AM
I can see why you are all upset but some of the points made in the article are valid surely ? No breed is 100% wonderful or safe and what needs to be done is stop the idiots who own staffies as status symbols and stop the crossing with larger more powerful dogs.

I have never had a problem with a staffy around here it's GSD's owners causing problems in the parks and on the streets but we all need to take responsibility and do something to stop these irresponsible people who do own dogs for the wrong reasons or the consequences will be dire for all breeds. I want to see less GSD's in my area as we seem to have breeders who are selling them to just anyone but perhaps it's different in other areas ? That doesn't make me a dog hater or any of the other things that have been said about the article writer.

When we were looking to get a rescue dog we saw a disproportionate number of staffy and staffy crosses in the rescues something has to be done to make sure all dogs are given homes with the right people at the moment it's a mess !

Also if the Kennel club are telling people staffies are a good dog for families they are IMO adding to the downfall of the breed, Staffies like any other dog should be in the hands of people who know how to handle them. Each year a new breed wins crufts and we see a mini disaster happening to each of the breeds with everyone wanting one. The Kennel club need to take more responsibility for what they are saying and doing.

And breathe
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2005, 10:45 AM
im speechless with rage now
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

13-01-2005, 10:52 AM
I can hardly type this.......how dare they tar me with the same brush that they are made of...ignorant ar*eholes...

I am neither "potential little monsters come from sink estates, are bullet headed, tattooed from head to toe, smothered in cheap costume jewellery and wearing Tommy Hilfiger or Nike gear (usually nicked or knock-offs).
I ama trainee accountant, in an exculsive estate in a house that is valued a rather large sum of money....!

I would like to know where to write to complain about the these ridiculous statements!
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

13-01-2005, 10:59 AM
I have just called the Telegraph and asked to whom we would send any letters, with regard to theoffensive artice.

We have to write to the editor putting forward our views on the statement, and put our point accross

For Attn of the Editor
The Telegraph
1 Canada Square
Canary Wharf
London
EH14 5DT
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2005, 11:08 AM
grr wonder why we cant email them , ive just checked on the website and it looks like we cant i will wirte anyway!!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2005, 11:10 AM
I really dont think it matters whether you live in a mansion on the good side of town or in a council house in the rough side of town, each sector has the potential of good and bad owners and its not down to class, what they imply is that if you live in a council house on an estate and own a Stafford you have to be a certain "type" of person which is completley wrong.

Take Princess Anne as an example!
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »