View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Yes Im biking almost every day. Between 3 and 5 miles, the dogs are VERY fit!! I need new brakes too!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 09:58 PM
We use a springer, I have just ordered a new adjustable brace lead so I can take Rufus and Kia out together.

I always start off pushing the bike and leading the dogs to warm up before and after, we use harnesses rather than collars.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 08:31 AM
oh wow they must be extremly fit. i hope to go every day with pepsi but just to start off slow at first. you must be getting very fit as well thats my goal lol
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2009, 08:39 AM
I'm looking forward to the colder months so I can get the dogs back out with the bike & scooter, just too warm for them now, even up in the cool North East. We'd have to go out during the night to run them at this time of year & I don't think the neighbours would appeciate being woken up by my two as they get very excited.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by bint View Post
I'm looking forward to the colder months so I can get the dogs back out with the bike & scooter, just too warm for them now, even up in the cool North East. We'd have to go out during the night to run them at this time of year & I don't think the neighbours would appeciate being woken up by my two as they get very excited.
lol aye i agree with that. i went last night at 8pm when it was cooler for mine. this is def going to be part of her normal routine. she loves it
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 06:09 PM
I only go in the evenings, usually after 8pm unless its cool during the day.
06dcc.brigdenh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-08-2009, 08:17 PM
I bought a walkydog several monts ago now, and in my opinion it does look slightly better than the springer. The springer looks pretty complex and awkward. The walkydog doesn't allow the dog to pull you over very easily because it the lead is on a spring inside the metal attachment and absorbs the pull. once you get going all they can do is keep going with you anyway.

I dont think my dog ever gets tired. I had such fun on it when I first got it i probably did too much with her, but she barely felt it, and i checked the pads of her feet which were fine. She'll happily run 2 miles without a stop hardely, however i have to be careful. Ive learnt when she slows down a bit she needs a poo, lol. Once she decided to just let rip while running and I was at the other end of a road before i noticed so had to backtrack all the way along to pick it up But I got praised by a nice lady who was passing
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Well done you!

My dogs do a constant fast trot, if I have to do a short for some reason, they "canter" for a mile.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4