Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
I hope you get to the bottom of it.

Have you tried looking down her throat to see if it's sore? It could explain why she is only eating a little at a time.
She has allowed me to look and no soreness visible what is happening is she eats, then gags to a point of wrenching like the food is stuck, then her eyes are bloodshot with the gagging then she sometimes will go back and eat or it just puts her off and I have to wait till later then she will eat the rest. As she has had this since being a pup periodically I feel they ''must' look into it more now as I have concerns as she is getting older, plus she has a couple of bald patches showing, and her coat this year seems thin
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Everything crossed for Skye and I hope they can sort it easily for her and your peace of mind.
Thanks Lynn, Skye being so quiet anyway she could easily be overlooked by people (those that tell me that 'she is just a quiet dog), but Im not happy with in general...there's quiet and then there's quiet if you get my meaning
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Hope you get an all clear with the tests you want done Steph, band there's nothing like a gut instinct to make you want to check things out properly. I'm just like you with my dogs, you just know when they're not quite right but can't put your finger on it, so you're right to be taking her. All the best with her, let's hope it's something and nothing.
Hope so...I'd rather be proved as as fussy owner, then to leave things that don't feel right to me
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Hope she is ok and as others have said, you know her better.

I know you said about her lumpy throat, but it's not a thyroid problem is it? That might explain her lethargy and bald patches?

Helen
Your thinking along the lines that I am hun......said those words last night to Pat
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
I certainly do wish both you and Skye luck. They can be such a worry can't they, but you just 'know' when something isn't right - good on you for acting on it!!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. I hope it's nothing more than a minor infection xx
Thank you hun.....I will take her tomorrow morning and get them to do some tests, at least my mind will be put at rest.
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Such a worry for you, Steph.

As others have said, no-one knows your dog like you do, and if you think Skye is "off", then she is "off".

Hope you can get to the bottom of hon, sending loads of positive vibes....

x0x0x
Thanks Cuz xxx
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Loads of {{{vibes}}} for poor Skye. xx
Thank you love xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Might sound silly but what I do when I've got any 'vague' sort of problem (for the vet or the doc) is to make a little note on a scrap of paper with the main points I intend to ask about. Because, so many times when I've been stopped from explaining everything by them saying first they want to check the dog over, and then been reassured there was nothing serious, I've got home and thought 'darn it! I forgot to mention about xyz...'

Like when Bella had the ingrown hair (I didn't know it was that - had never heard of it on a dog). I just knew there was 'something' bothering her about her back. She didn't like me stroking her there, but I couldn't feel anything (just an almost imperceptible tiny raised area - but couldn't be sure) but every now and then she would 'switch round' to it - I just knew something was wrong but didn't know what. So it was her behaviour I wanted to explain properly. Fortunately vet was spot on and found the problem.

You know your own dog. Think about the things that have bothered you and the order in which they occurred and just make a few notes so you don't forget any of it. That's my advice. Plus do not take NO for an answer if you 'know' something ain't right.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 01:22 PM
I hope Skye is okay and you get to the cause of what is causing her to be a bit off at the moment.

Good luck at the vets tomorrow.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Awww poor Skye, really hope she ok. I know you will but please keep us updated xxx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Poor Skye and I hope she is feeling better soon. It's always such a worry when we know our dogs aren't 'right' but they can't tell us what it is.
Good luck at the vet.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 03:22 PM
I hope the vet visit goes ok and you can get to the bottom of Skye's problem.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 07:18 AM
I also wondered about thyroid.

I hope the vet can identify what it is once you can get her there.

Hugs to Skye, FS & you. x
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Hope the vet gets to the bottom of it, and it's nothing to serious. Poor Skye.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Poor Skye hope they can find out what's wrong and sort her out quickly x
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 11:45 AM
fingers crossed here that they find out what's wrong xxx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >