Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
If the owner goes through WGCB they often have local owners /members in the area - some of these will take in dogs until they can be rehomed - have done it myself!
The owner isnt prepared to do that though so I think a free to good foster home then help from breed rescue or club is a good suggestion? The thing is would the owner want/do that? I dont know about others but no way could I pretend to someone that I was homing a dog with the intent to then pass that dog to another home....without letting on, so the owner must be on board with that surely?

I really do hope a great home works out for him and they pick someone that is going to be very dedicated.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I have been forwarded this by a local trainer - This guy is on a waiting list to go into a local rescue centre.

Male neutered 2 year old Wiemeraner free to good home.

Story as told.
Rescued at 1 year old. Husband now gone to Irac . Wife works around 4 to 5 hours a day so put the dog in 'day care' where it played with other dogs. Gets on well with all dogs.

Problem:-
Daughter now home from college (22 years old and of quiet disposition).
Dog jumps up at her grabbing clothes/clawing etc. mouthing but no blood.

Note :-
Husband played wrestling with dog allowing it to mouth him etc.

I havn't seen the dog but as it is now not getting the day care activity my thoughts are understimulated and the behaviour is attention seeking.
No training to speak of, not even a proper sit (does it when it feels like it)
would they accept help training wise from a rescue? i.e. daughter trained and wife walk dog?

I'm willing to bet this dog can learn that he cannot mouth etc with these people and accept exercise?
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3