Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2010, 07:59 PM

2 Tri Collies need a good home - Southampton

My husband and I have separated and can see no way to be able to give our dogs the life that they need.
It's a far from ideal position and I am devastated that we are going down this road but their welfare is more important than our feelings.
Ben & Max are brothers, they were born in May 2009. They are very handsome and have totally different personalities. Ben is a little nervy and highly strung and according to our trainer would make an excellent sheepdog. Max is more of a cuddly pet and just wants to be next to someone and be stroked. Ben likes his cuddles too!
Both are neutered.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 08:01 PM
So sorry to hear of this, must have been a heart breaking choice!

Have you considered bored collie rescue? Im sure there must be one, and at least you would have the peace of mind that they were paired to a suitable family and have a life time of back up!

Good luck.
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks, do you have any idea where I could find one? Is it something I will find just by looking online?

It really is heartbreaking. I can't stop crying! I just want what's best for them.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 08:08 PM
I have typed in bored collie resuces and its came up with a few so maybe do a search including your area and see, most rescues do transporting though so dont be put of contacting a rescue if there to far.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 08:10 PM
There is a border collie rescue group on FB. it is called
Border Collies Needing Homes (across the UK). There is a lady called Shirley Budgen who might be able to help you.
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2010, 08:56 PM
So sorry you are going through this
Would their breeder not take them back? If not, i second getting in touch with Shirley Budgen.

Jann
xxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm so sorry you've had to come to this decision

Really hope you can find someone to help you x
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 09:02 PM
I think you should sleep on it for a while, it might be that you are a better option than other homes might be. Certainly to put a dog on a farm when it has been a house dog seems very wrong.

There might be a way round this somehow. Take a breath and have a think.

rune
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 09:30 PM
_I have given your post info to Shirley. If you wish to pm me more details so she can contact you then please do so......
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2010, 04:43 AM
Thanks guys for all of your responses.

I'm not going to hurry into anything, I will do what I can to be able to keep them, but if they end up suffering because of that then it doesn't seem right.

We have time, we haven't given our notice in on our house yet and aren't in any hurry.

I suppose if I think about it more rationally they could still have a good life with me as long as I can find a job that fits around them.

I'll see what I can do.

I will email Shirley for some advice then at least if we do choose to rehome I've looked into it.

Thanks again.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >