Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Teal'c
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-01-2008, 03:06 PM

Please help stop this now... dogs are suffering

Dear all,

I know the power of dogesy community and I really need your help I recently came across a website in the UK selling shock collars. Don't be fooled they call them static shock that is just a nice word for electric collars.

I emailed them to complain saying how cruel they are and the KC has a very dim very on these products.

Well they replied that they do not believe that these are cruel and are useful training tool.

{links removed - they only lead to a shops homepage: Guess they went to electric shock collars?}

I've emailed the Kennel Club as they clearly do not believe in these collars awaiting a reply.

Please Please if you feel how i do complain to the company and let them know that its not just me that believes these are cruel.

Also if anyone has any ideas how on how to try and stop them let me know

thank you all
DC
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 03:16 PM
These collars give the same shock as a underground dog containment system,I have tested them both it stings but not as bad as a cattle fence. I think you are fighting a loosing battle when you go against business,there are too many people that use these products.
Teal'c
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Everyone to their own but I have also tested them and disagree with you,

I think the kennel club report on these says it all

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/cgi-...em.cgi?id=1236
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Complaining is a good idea, but I feel will fall on deaf ears. However complaints have to be read, so lets hope they do read.
I personally wouldn't use anything like that as I wouldn't like someone doing it to me. My dogs bark if someone comes to the door, but they are not barkers any other time. It's surprising how many people use these things, and these are the ones the companies aim for, plus the people that have had them recommended by other uses. Such a shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teal'c
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Pet Supplies at Pet-Supermarket
the UK 's best online pet shop

Our website is designed to offer you a friendly, caring envirnonment where your pet always comes first.

Thats what they quote on their front page, if this is true claiming to be the UKs best and with a friendly caring enviroment where pets come first these collars go against that ethos big time it makes me so sad

thank you stevie
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I have written to them. It has really suprised me as they are connected with dog rescue in Newcastle and ran a campaign for rescue donations over the xmas period.

Let`s see what reply I receive. I have boycotted them until further notice.
Teal'c
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-01-2008, 04:30 PM
thank you Rachel

Yeah I bought from them to, as I thought they were a morally good company i.e with the rescues they support etc Ok so its a business but it matters to me were they stand in relation to dogs and selling shock collars goes against everything I believe in
SibeLuver03
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-01-2008, 04:57 PM
It is opinions like these that make me really wish I could move to the UK to live in such a dog-friendly country. I am ashamed to say that I have used an electric collar on my girl. I had my excuses at the time and even though I disagree with the use of them now, at the time I really enjoyed have this collar. It allowed my Siberian husky to run free off leash without the fear of her running away. She had a horrible recall. Huskies are just notorious for having troublesome recalls. Anyways, that collar gave Kieron freedom. But I soon realized that Kieron was obeying my commands out of fear. One day I let her run without the collar and she did not listen to me. She was gone for several hours before I found her. After that happened, I tossed the collar into the trash and began positive training for her recall. I agree with all of you that these collars are horrible torture tools.
The reason I wish I could move to the UK is because if the KC wants a complete ban on these collars, that must mean lots of people agree. Here in the US, people don't give a darn about whether or not they are hurting their animals. The AKC probably promotes their use... It's a great country, but it's a terrible country at the same time.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 05:28 PM
I have emailed there customer services stating that i will not be a customer until they reconsider selling these items.

See what happens.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 05:35 PM
This is my reply from them.......

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email.

In regards to your comments with the training devices we sell, I can only apologise should you feel these are not appropriate, however I do not believe these to be cruel. We have to cater for every customer and unfortunately some customers use the Static Control Collars as a last resort should all else fail to bring the dog under control for the safety of themselves and others.

I am sorry to hear you will not be using our services in the future.

Should you have any queries whatsoever with regards to any of the above then please do not hesitate to contact me direct

I am not very impressed, maybe some more complaints might help folks.......
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >