Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
becs721
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2010, 05:54 PM

Was it my fault??

The other day we were walking Ayla as usual through our local fields by the country park. Whilst in the fields we let Ayla off lead and she is very well behaved and will come back whenever we whistle to her.

Well on this day a middle aged man come up ahead with a small spanial on lead. Ayla took no notice (too busy trying to catch a fly ) This man then shoutd out 'oh what a lovely husky wolf type' and started to get Aylas attention and call her over to him. She ran over and he started to make a fuss of her cuddling her and kissing her head (we had got to the man by this point and he started asking questions about where we got here ect), all this time his dog was trying to get to Ayla to say hello but he kept on pulling it back away from Ayla, Then his dog suddenly attaked Ayla Ayla responed and started snarling at the dog.
This man started shouting saying Ayla was a dangerous dog!! I pointed out that HE had called Ayla over and HE started making a fuss of her and that his dog went for Ayla

'Apparently' Ayla should not have responed to the attack as the other dog was smaller! He seems to think she shoud treat the smaller dog as a puppy

We just carried on with our walk with this man shouting out abuse!
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Not your fault at all. Why would anyone in their right mind call someone elses dog over anyway. He over stepped the mark right there. Also I've only ever known one dog who wouldn't have reacted to that situation.
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2010, 06:17 PM
NO, you did nothing wrong at all, and your dogs reaction was not unusual either. The cheek of that guy giving you abuse too - where do these people come from?!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Well in the eyes of the law..it was YOUR dog that was not under control..his was on a lead..so its a good thing it didn't get any worse
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-08-2010, 08:24 PM
The geezer was a knob, sadly there seems to be a lot of them about.
boredinstroud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2010, 08:38 PM
I'd say not your fault. People are weird.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2010, 11:56 PM
not your fault, and Ayla reacted how most dogs would have. why should she take that just coz she is bigger! some people!
newboyjack
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Dogs react differently to different situations, his dog was probably in 'protect my owner mode' as he was holding it back and preventing it from interacting normally as it would off lead? Definately not your fault he was probably making his dog jealous too which wouldn't help matters!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2010, 09:34 AM
It certainly wasn't your fault - or Ayla's. That guy clearly doesn't know anything about dogs. Ayla is entitled to defend herself if attacked.

If a small person, albeit an adult, attacked a larger person, they can expect some coeback from it. They wouldn't expect to be treated like a child so as to received nothing in retaliation. It was stupid of him to say that.

Don't worry - in a coupe of months we'll have the early dark nights, rain, cold etc and then the numpties hide themselves away for the winter.

Laura xx
dawn brazier
New Member!
Female 

17-08-2010, 09:44 AM
i just read your thread, what a totally irresponsible idiot. what person in their right mind calls a dog they dont know never met over. we all tell our kids the basics be careful around strange dogs, tell him if you see him again where the local premary school is and perhaps a lesson in basic common sense would be an ideal one for him. not your fault at all i can not believe the stupidity of some folk.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >