Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 08:22 AM

Another sad fact for SBT's

Yesterday we were getting the horses prepared for the farrier when we noticed a white and black entire SBT trying to get in the field through the gate. Luckily I shouted before he did and one of the girls that work at Greyhound rescue managed to get it away.
We gave her a lead rope on she took it down to the kennels just down the lane thinking it may of escaped from them/it could of belonged to the gypsy site on the corner.
Anyway the kennels scanned it and he was micro-chipped so they rang the owners.

Sadly for Archie (that was his name) the woman that answered the phone said it wasn't her's but her ex boyfriend's and gave them a number to ring.
The Ex however said that he had sold Archie on long ago and didn't want him back.

Once again a beautiful dog was to be picked up and sent to the pound so sad really as he wore no collar, was very people friendly and not very old (around 3) as the pounds are full of SBT's I wondered what chance he had as they only keep them 7 days

Wish people would be more responsible, so sad IMO that they are disposed of with no thought, had he got onto the daul carriageway his fate would of been sealed in a much more tragic way Im sure

Both the girlfriend and her ex didn't care two hoots on the phone, I hope the dog warden pays them a visit
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Aww Stevie, that So Sad.

Whilst reading your post, I am also feeling really angry at the two supposed 'responsible owners'.

Another SBT in rescue
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Aww Stevie, that So Sad.

Whilst reading your post, I am also feeling really angry at the two supposed 'responsible owners'.

Another SBT in rescue
I felt what you felt, then was waking up all night thinking about him
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Poor thing
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 10:21 AM
If I had the money, I would have a houseful. Somehow, I can cope with animals easier than kids.

I think it's the fact that they cannot talk, and I wonder what they think about when they are put in unfortunate situations by humans that think they are disposable objects.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Oh how sad I get sick of people who think dogs are so disposable I'd rather die than give up my dogs. We've had so many SBT's just on our local pound in North Wales.
A few weeks ago there were 2 beautiful and very friendly ones waiting to be put down. Apparently they had killed another dog. Why? Because the owner let them run riot off-lead in a local park and he insisted they get put down. I asked if the could hold off and see if someone would take them if I told them their history and insisted on a muzzle and I wasn't allowed to. They were so people friendly..I was gutted. I had to look them in the eye, apologise for yet another human failing and leave them to die