Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Well done Rach and baby Connor

When I was stewarding many years ago I was in the GSD ring, I witnessed the double handling and pointed it out to the judge. She said she didn't mind and to leave it but it became so obvious I wasn't happy about it and took a break to get some advice, (I did know a KC official was supposed to be at the show), and was told that if the judge didn't want anything done then I couldn't do anything about it.
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
That's double handling and isn't allowed here. Although even at Crufts this year our breed witnessed a European exhibitor doing just that and goading the dog from the outside of the ring !!!
I know what double handling is and that its not allowed thats why i was shocked to see it in the UK this weekend..
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm intrigued by this double handling thing, so had a look on You Tube and found this:

Double Handling

I just can't believe it!!! It's laughable!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I'm intrigued by this double handling thing, so had a look on You Tube and found this:

Double Handling

I just can't believe it!!! It's laughable!
Totally laughable, that was plain ridiculous
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Thanks Sheree!

Ok had a look - and quite bizaare isn't it! Possibly another silly question - but Why the need to do it???
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 09:21 AM
I absolutely hate people using sqeaky toys! My dogs go NUTS when they hear them, so do a lot of others, its very distracting and very unfair IMO.
dawn.
Ilari
New Member!
Female 

03-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Did my first show ever 2weeks ago.Toy group. Left squeaky toy at home so not to annoy other dogs in ring. Big shock - every other handler had squeaky toy and used it. Needless to say, my baby was VERY upset and bucked everytime she heard the squeaks. Even had 1or2 handlers smirking at us because I couldn't "control" my dog. As a novice at this game I would prefer if any noisy toys were not allowed in the ring.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Ok had a look - and quite bizaare isn't it! Possibly another silly question - but Why the need to do it???
That's what I was thinking? Are the people running round the outside there for the dog to focus on?

Why can't the handlers just work with the dogs "normally"?
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 11:20 AM
I consider using squeeky toys in the ring, or silly voices constantly (and loud enough for most exhibitors to hear) to be the height of bad manners.
As for GSD exhibitors....... they are a law unto themselves, they are put as far away as possible from the "normal" exhibitors at shows here, usually up the far end of the field, so nobody can see what they get up to! When dogs are running it sounds like a football team has scored!!
There is a relatively new exhibitor in Dalmatians in the UK who uses his daughter to make noises opposite where they are in the ring so the dog uses his ears. I was standing next to her one time and told her if she did it again I would have the dog disqualified. I got a dirty look and as he has sucked up to the loud mouths in the breed, I expect he is still doing it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2