Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
staffmuttz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2005, 02:43 PM

Staffie weeing???.....

Have just spoken to a guy who has a speyed 3 1/2 yr old staffie bitch. Everytime she meets either human or dog she pees, even if it is a guest coming into the family home she pees! Both strangers and folk that she knows, and any dog! Is this excitement, nerves, anxiety........? I am trying to find a new home for her but this pee thing could be an issue. Any advice would be helpfull...... Thanks.......Nikki
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Without knowing anything about her it could be due to any of the three things you mentioned but I do have to say.....

that weeing through excitement in staffys is quite common
staffmuttz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2005, 03:13 PM
They have a hillarious way of letting us know they're excited! The only time my first bitch did this was when she first met her future soul mate Bomber. She snapped at him then peed on my carpet, but a few months later they were the parents of 6 little sniffinshire bull terriers. I havnt met an adult staffie yet who still wees upon greeting people, but I am by no means an expert either....
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Hopefully it is down to excitement, rather than an nervous trait.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Ally, not being a staffi I know, did it when she was little.
Eventually she grew out of it and until that, we just made her greet ppl outside. We didnt comment it, just pretended we didnt see it.

I doubt the dog you know, will, at 3 1/2 years, grow out of it, but I would consider taking it to the vet and have her checked for any infections etc.

Some bitches will be suffering from incontinence after being speyed. Not much to do about that and if its excitement maybe some exercises to calm the dog down before meeting ppl would help.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2005, 06:10 PM
The question is has she always done it or is it just since she's been spayed? If she's only done it since spaying it could be that she's a little incontinent from the op, if you're worried pop to the vet and see. If she's always done it I'd be less inclined to worry, some dogs just get over excited and can't hold it in! My last dog (ESS) used to pee all over the place every time you came back from going out! Partly due to excitement and partly cos she was generally quite a submissive dog. It got so bad we had to go in and then run back out of the house so she'd follow us outside and pee on the drive instead of all over the kitchen! What made it worse was she wouldn't just pee, she would roll on to her back and spin round and round so it went everywhere!!! Crazy dog, but that's Springers for you. Don't think she grew out of it til she was about 10! Again in you're worried pop to the vet, better safe than sorry!
staffmuttz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2005, 06:14 PM
thanks for yur comments! according to the guy shes always done it, but its not uncommon. apart from her widdling, shes perfect in every other way so wish me luck in finding her a new mum and dad! poor guys devestated that its come to this but its probably for the best.........
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Have you tried breed rescue at all and see if they can help?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by staffmuttz
thanks for yur comments! according to the guy shes always done it, but its not uncommon. apart from her widdling, shes perfect in every other way so wish me luck in finding her a new mum and dad! poor guys devestated that its come to this but its probably for the best.........
Aww I'm sure she'll be fine! Most men widdle everywhere when they've had a few beers and they've still got girlfriends to clean up after them!!
staffmuttz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2005, 07:00 PM
lol ripsnorterthe2nd!! to true I volunteer for the scottish staffie rescue lel, and this is why the guy wants me to help him find her another home.........great job too!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >