Our sister sites
Our sister sites
samnooshka
New Member!
Female 

23-01-2008, 08:00 AM

Mia's Story - Tuesday 22nd January 2008

Tuesday 22nd January 2008

I didn’t sleep well last night and at 1am I woke up and started crying, I think it was the wind banging things around outside. James came down to take me into the garden but I didn’t need to do anything. Lupo was outside with me and I started sniffing something, when he came over to see what it was I didn’t like it and we had an argument. Sammy came down to see what was happening and she put me back in my box. I didn’t make any more noises all night, as I didn’t want to be in trouble.

When I was let out in the morning Lupo was already outside but Sammy took me out there on my own on the lead so that I could have a wee. Lupo was called inside so that I could do it without him watching. She then took me indoors for breakfast. I was so hungry and I wasn’t even chewing my food so Sammy took away the big silver bowl and fed me from her hands again, I was a good girl and only ate when she told me I could take it. I even had a video taken of me to show you how good I was.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=DYjHwfIj1c0

I then played with Lupo all morning until it was time for me to go out to a place called obedience. When we arrived there was lots of people there with their dogs, I was a bit nervous but Sammy didn’t get me out the car. Instead she got Lupo out and I watched from inside the car as Lupo had his lesson. I ended up falling asleep and before I knew it Sammy and Lupo were back at the car again. Lupo got in and then Sammy put the lead on me and carried me out of the car. A nice lady called Vikki said hello to me and I wagged my tail. She said would I like to meet Ranger, and out of another car is another Malamute!! He is very handsome and we say hello nicely, I am a bit wary of him but I like him. I then say hello to a lady called Pam who is Lupo’s trainer, I like her and Sammy tells her about me. She said I can come to obedience next week and I will be in the same class as Ria. I can’t wait!!! Pam then introduced me to her 2 flat coat retrievers and a spaniel but he was very old and didn’t want to say hello to me. I like the flat coats though and I wooed at them.

When we got home Sammy fed me my lunch, I was very hungry, then she cleaned the garden up and washed the paving slabs down with the water, Lupo and I chased the water when she was spraying it; it was great fun! I found a bone that Lupo had hidden and I sat by the back door chewing it, Lupo came over to see what it was and I let him look but he wasn’t very interested and it didn’t really taste that nice. I was really tired, it’s exhausting saying hello to people and I fell asleep against the back door and Lupo curled up next to me. I wander when James will be home, because then it will be feeding time again… my favourite time of day!

In the evening before dinnertime I played tug of war with Lupo. It was great fun and sometime I won and sometimes he won. I wasn’t so slippery on the laminate either and was able to hold my ground when he was pulling. Sammy was worried that with all this play after I had just woken up I may need to have a wee so she took me outside and I went on command and she told me I was a very good girl. When I came back in, I played with Lupo some more and then we shared a drink of water together. Sammy said we are very good dogs and this made me happy and I wagged my tail and let out a massive WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/?v=i4i7iWcgixs

After dinner Lupo and I played some more, I don’t mind him touching the back of my neck now and he is quite gentle with me but I still don’t like him grabbing my back legs and pushing my hips. Lupo wanted to come in doors so he knocked on the door and Sammy let us in. I have learnt that if I don’t want to get hurt, I have to wait my turn and I wait for Lupo to go first as he hurt me today when I tried to go through the door in front of him. Sammy said I was a good girl for waiting.

I didn't go to sleep straight away and started digging and crying in my box, Sammy and James came down and let me out until i was tired and started to fall asleep when they put me back in my box. I woke up several times in the night and started crying but no one came down to see why so i just fell asleep.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Glad to hear that Mia is doing well. Looking forward to another update soon.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Really enjoyed your blog, thanks for posting