View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Oh dear. I once threw a large bone into the garden from where my dog had left it... unfortunately she was out there and raised her head just at the wrong time. I `ll never forget the look on her face as she stood looking dazed and bewildered... I felt dreadful about it. And spoiled her rotten for weeks, which is what you`ll be doing no doubt.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 12:47 PM
There but for the grace of God I think as we could have had this happen on Saturday with Izzy.

We've never had a dog that liked swimming before and she was having a whale of a time but she was looking at us expectantly as if she wanted us to throw something for her so Jamie threw some stones for her to swim after. I took her into "Pets at Home" on Monday for her vet check-up and bought her a fluorescent yellow floating toy that squeaks which she thinks is amazing!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Jed and Flynn like to play a game whereby I throw stuff into the waters edge and they jump up and try and catch it. I normally throw little pebbles that cant do much damage but I stupidly threw a bigger one the other day and it made a terrible noise on Flynn's teeth.

Fortunately, there was no damage but i'll be far more careful next time.
I actually noticed today that one of Flynn's premolars is just a stump. I looked back over my recent photos and noticed that his tooth was complete in June.
I fear that stone I threw did do some damage after all

I'm really annoyed because he had beautiful white teeth and my stupidity has ruined that.
joto
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-08-2011, 02:21 PM
I've always used a floating kong, they come on a rope. The only time it caused a problem was when it got caught on some seaweed, the dogs knew where it was but couldn't pull it up so my OH had to strip down to his undies and go in to get it. We'd have had to drag the dogs off the beach if we hadn't found it for them.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 02:37 PM
aww I am sure you feel rotten - and he is prob totaly over it now and just loving the fun

and they cope totaly well missing a fang, I felt to horrible when Mia had to have hers removed but she didnt mind at all, you only really notice that her tongue hangs that side when she is panting, her smile is a little squint when she wakes up (so cute) and she uses that side of her mouth to hold really big bottles becase no tooth gets in the way
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2