Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2010, 07:56 PM

Poor Ben was back at the vets today...

Just 2 days after getting the all clear for his dew claw.

We'd noticed him licking a bit around his right knee and we just thought his bott mght have beenr rubbing. Today the licking got more and more so i tried to have a closer look and saw a 2p sized raw patch that ailed off up the back of his leg. It starts behing the top pad and goes up about 2 inches. It was weeping and a little pussy. I hated having to take him back to the vets as he's become a nervous wreck from the visits about his paw but I could see he was uncomfortable and I assumed the yellow bits meant it was a bit infected.
We took him in and after a 40 minute wait and me beign 30 mins late for work he came out with a shaved leg and it's been scrubbed with an antibiotic shampoo. He's also got to have Fuciderm applied to it. I felt so sorry for him and wasn't sure if the worst thing was to put him through going to the vets again, or suffering from it by not taking him!
It turns out that it was probably my dad's fault for playing ball with Ben a bit too rough on Monday. He was really sorry and seemed to feel very guilty so I didn't go on about it . I hope this run of bad luck ends soon.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 08:14 PM
It's horrible having to keep taking a stressed dog to the Vet isn't it, but sometimes it is the only course of action. (I find that a good stiff whisky on return does wonders for my nerves but so far haven't given any to the dog!)

Fuciderm is wonderful stuff, so here's hoping that it sorts the problem out.
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Yes, I feel like a nasty ogre dragging him in there! He got all stressed out and started barking and crying in the waiting room which he never used to do so we had to take him outside.
Unfortunately I was just about to go to work so I couldn't try the whisky, but I like the idea!
Ben ran away when I tried to put the Fuciderm on last night, he was so scared
This morning I waited until he had his harness on and put it on just before he went out. He wasn't too bothered, thank goodness. I coulnd't bear for him to be a quivering mess at home as well as at the vets!
He's left it alone so far this morning so hopefullyhaving it cleaned up has helped.