Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Yup! Walking dustbins! lol
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Dusty the ESS, too nervous of strangers to take treats unless they have the patience to wait for him to trust them. Then he will sell his soul for treats.

Ollie the GSP, not really interested in treats but has been known to actively mug people for their ball. He sneaks up behind them and takes it out of their wanger given half a chance.

Mags the foster Lurcher, too busy hunting small furry things on her long line to have any interest in other people and their treats when we are out.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Tilly is funny about eating treats from strangers. She will sometimes take them but just drop them on the floor.

My old two, Biscuit and Max wouldnt dare take anything. They were both aloof with strangers. Although Max once licked a sleeping tramp!!!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Ted won't usually, it would have to be something really tasty like sausage otherwise he just either turns his nose up or takes it and drops it on the floor. However if you want to make a fuss of him he'll be your best friend

I have been mugged and followed (while the owner is desperatly calling them ) for treats. One lady we meet has 2 english setters and a gordon setter and i have learnt to zip up my pocket when i see them as they have taken the bag out of my pocket before
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Chester doesn't stop at people for food, he'd be more interested in the possibility in a fuss. Griffin, absolutely, he's a gannet . Actually my first adult experience of a gordon setter was on my way to work one morning, she came galloping towards me with her dad running behind her shouting "You don't have any food on you do you?!" She's a serial 'mugger', I know her now and she still comes running across to see if I have anything to eat if I walk that way to work.
Connor9
New Member!
Male 

28-01-2011, 09:19 PM
My dog would spend about five minutes smelling the treat before deciding whether he wants it or not ha. He must think they're trying to poison him
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 12:54 AM
No, he won't even take a treat from me when we're out on a walk x
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Meg definitely, infact she has double backed on a walk once when she spotted some picnikers, and just sat there eyeing their sausage rolls She did get one too She is a walking dustbin.

Mack, he's more fussy, if it was hot dog or cheese then he'd do his meerkat impression, if he thought he'd get some.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-01-2011, 05:00 PM
He would take affection just not food ..lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Ollie use too when he use to get out and about didn't mean he would be their friend though.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >