View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 01:56 AM
Love cats and have an oldie. I don't think I will ever be without a cat. My Eddie is clean, never scratches furniture and most importantly is always there when I need a cuddle. The perfect man lol!
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2008, 07:14 AM
I like other people's cats

There not an animal that I have ever wanted to own. My daughter would love one but there is no way her Dad would even entertain the idea as he hates them with a passion He woke up at a friends house once to find their cat laying on his face (now that could be misinterpreted ) and now wouldn't trust one.

The other thing is that a cat to Nala is the same as a mouse to a cat
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 01:38 PM
I love cats and was bought up with them. To be honest i always thought i would have a cat rather than a dog! But now i have 2 cats and 2 dogs and wouldnt be without!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 01:46 PM
i do like cats and in the furure yes i would like to own noe.. but for now i think ill stick to ym doggies - couldnt imagine competing a cat in agility could you hehe
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 01:55 PM
i do like cats but i am scared of them

quite a few of my friends own cats and they always seem to know i am scared of them and they come and jump on me
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Love them!
Always had many around me, have four at present. Infact one has gone walkabouts a few days ago, so slightly worried!
Clementine, a big saggy tortoiseshell-she was brought up by our old JRT and is more canine than feline, she comes when you whistle her, walks by your side if your out with the dogs, and generally is very un-cat like.
Bella, one who's gone walkabouts, is the perceived personality of anti catfolk, she's very aloof and loves to spend a lot of time outside [hence why i'm concerned but not panicking that she hasn't been home in a few days, god I sound awful but people with true roamers know what I mean]. She's loving in her own way though.
Maxwell & William, the kittens who were of an accidental litter to the previous named. Nearing five months or so know, and i think they believe they are also dogs!

See thing is, our cats don't go on the work surfaces, they don't scratch the furniture, they don't make mess, they will hold it as long as possible if the litter tray isnt there for some reason [-touch wood- never had any cat toiletting going on in my house, even with a litter of four kittens!], and they..well all our mogs have been brought up by the dogs, they come when called, wait if you tell them, come for dinner etc.
It's about how you bring them up, as has been mentioned before, as to how they act.
BUT, our older girls do bring various dead things home..and I usually open the back door to a row of small corpses in a neat row, the not so nice side of keeping cats.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew View Post
i do like cats but i am scared of them

quite a few of my friends own cats and they always seem to know i am scared of them and they come and jump on me
Awwww, you should come to visit me, I have rehabilitated 4 people with my special weapon, my lovey tabby and white boy Tucker!

Most cuddly cats will just jump on anyone with a warm lap!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 06:24 PM
None of my cats cause any problems around the house that I can think of. None scratch furnature, the boys don't scent mark, they don't fight with each other, they don't fight with the dogs, they don't climb up curtains (well they did a little as kittens I have to admit!) but at the end of the day, just like dogs, you need to teach them what is acceptable and what is not according to your own rules. One of mine will even 'sit' on command if you have a bit of chicken! Mine are mostly indoor cats, the ones that do go out will hunt, but when I move to a new property (hopefully this year!) I will be building them a large outdoor run so as they do not have access to the wildlife as I too like the wild garden birds. Even still, only one of my cats will go outdoors and then it is only in our garden as we have a mesh barrier along our fence, so he is not hunting in other people's gardens at least!

And for Helena, you NEED to meet Tucker too, he is the cuddliest animal ever to walk the planet!
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2008, 08:04 PM
I love cats - in fact before I had my first dog I was always going to have cats.

My maine coon (sadly died a couple of years ago aged 18 ) used to terrorise the local wildlife - never birds, but rats, mice, rabbits etc. Never a mark on em and kindly left for me on the back door step.

My father kidnapped my last cat when his litter brother died and he moved down south to live with dad's other cats (Norwegian Forest cats and orientals). Unfortunately he won't let me have him back now I shouldn't moan because i know he is extremely loved (and in fact worshipped by visitors to my dad's surgery).

I am currently trying to sell the house and when I am finally in my own place I am going to be having another cat - he was bred by a friend who also owns vallhunds and they are hanging onto him till i am in a position to have him - i can't wait!
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Nope they are evil personified! - im really not a cat fan - sorry...
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >