Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2015, 09:29 PM

Officially removing Hulk & other mixes from the gene pool

Posted on Breedia, cross posting here since everyone isn't on Breedia.

This is something that's been a long time coming. Many owners of APBTs have been displeased with the Am Bully & pull dogs being called and registered as APBT. While this has been a problem for a long time it's been slow going to get change. UKC did recognize the American Bully as a separate breed in 2013 and ADBA just recently announced plans to do the same. However the XL pull dogs were not addressed with this change since they are not American Bullies. It is primarily thanks to the publicity of "The Hulk" and his unscrupulous owners/breeders that petitioning to remove these dogs from APBT registration really kicked off. I don't believe the UKC has yet responded but the ADBA does plan to make this change. This is wonderful news to the APBT community.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2015, 10:52 PM
Yes, this is a grand day for fans of the APBT (not "pit bulls"). Hopefully those dogs are called Bandogges because that is what they are. They are Mastiff mixes and they do not belong in the bully breed group at all IMO. The Dark Dynastys Hulk, BGKs Rock, and so many others are masquerading as pit bull TERRIER dogs when they are sloppy faced, barely able to work, oversized Mastiff mixes.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2015, 10:58 PM
I don't think they will use bandog as the breed name since that's technically a type. Dark Dynasty has threatened a law suit if his papers are revoked though so I guess we will wait in see what happens. Tired of these mutts being called Pits I'm not sure on the bull breed thing since both Am Bully & bandogs too decent from bull breed crosses they'd technically be bully breed or bull breed.