Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 10:42 PM

WARNING dognappers in Swansea/Neath

Basically, many of you will know Richard looks after Icon when my dog sitters let me down, he had him all day yesterday for me, and took him to one of my fave regular walks (which I often do alone), the sun was going down but it wasn't dark, but there weren't many people around.

Icon was off lead and ran up to these two lads who were about 6ft tall, really rough looking, so Icon ran up to them, as he usually does and stopped dead and turned around on his heels and ran straight back to Richard. Not like him at all.

Next thing these one of these two blokes, said to Rich:
"Is that your dog"
Richard: "Yes"
Bloke: "How old is he"
Richard: "9 months"
Bloke: "Oh, has he been cut yet?"
Richard: "Why?!" (he was really rather surprised by this question)
Bloke: Laughing, "Coz he's our dog now"
Richard's face dropped completely, as he was really wound up now. Then he started to laugh.
Bloke: (thick welsh accent.....said as this is written..." "gis you dog then"
Richard: "Umm, no!"

With this, the Bloke yelled at his mate to grab Icon, and smashed his fist into Richard's stomach, at this point I should point out that Richard has a 6 pac of steel, you cannot wind Rich if you tried. Richard didn't even flinch, looked at the bloke, and went "what" as if to say, is that the best you can do?! Didn't give the bloke much time to think about it, as he threw his elbow at the guy's head....the bloke fell to the floor....

Next, the second guy, started yelling at Rich "get you dog off me".....he'd launched himself at Icon, so Icon naturally didn't want to be picked up by a stranger, and grabbed the bloke by his hood and was wrestling with the hood....effectively strangling the bloke somewhat. Richard felt he was justified in leaving Icon scare the living s*** out of this bloke, and eventually calmly called Icon away - and Icon came away quietly......leaving the blokes to run off!!!!

So if you're in Swansea, Neath or Port Talbot, particularly at the Gnoll Park, be aware of two gypsies trying to steal entire dogs.....good job Icon is being cut tomorrow! I'm also going to be reporting it to the police with Richard tomorrow.

Just thought I'd let everyone know. Its not nice to know you're dog nearly got taken, thank god he was with Richard - he's my knight in shining armour xxx
Barry
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-04-2008, 10:46 PM
This is terrible! To others our dogs are just 4 legged walking dosh, or a way of getting dosh! Good job your friend was able to stand up for himself and your pooch!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 10:48 PM
I know I've heard about it happening before, but to be honest never thought it would happen to me, horrible, but yes Richard is my star! xx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 10:49 PM
So glad everyone is ok Lorna, what a good man. x
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 10:52 PM
he is yeah! x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 11:03 PM
OMG that is scary, thank goodness for Richard.
dan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Thats so horrible and scary. Its a good job you had a good guy there to stop them. Thank god there were only two of them.
I think Richard and Icon both deserve a big pat on the back.
Well Done.
Dan. xxx
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 12:44 AM
So glad things turned out ok Lorna it makes you think is no where safe anymore
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 06:40 AM
Thanks guys, Richard was quite literally the hero of the day - although my wee boy impressed me too!! xxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 06:47 AM
That is awful and how worrying. Thankgoodness Icon is safe and ok. Richard is a real hero in my books too, but imagine if that had been a lady alone walking thier dog, doesn't baear thinking about.
Let us know how you get on with the police.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >