Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-08-2005, 07:22 PM

Any ideas

Hope i have put this under right heading,apologies if not.,in the doggie pics section i posted some pics re:Zanta looking confused over what to do with marrow bone,well thisafternoon decided to take 2nd bone out of freezer as running out of room,at teatime she was showing a lot of interest in it so thought i would give her that one aswell,only 50p each if i have to throw them away makes no difference,she sniffed and licked 2nd bone,then went to 1st bone (been in garden couple days) and has been having a good old munch,and has shown interest in other bone aswell,she sometimes does this with her chicken wings leaves one comes back for 2nd one and eats that,is she a bit strange or do your dogs do this.Sorry for long post.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Zantababy I think most dogs do this ..and I guess it is a way of laying claim to both bones.
If I gave you say a chocolate bar ..then another and you couldn't eat them both at once.. but you wanted to be sure no one else ate them the solution may be to go backwards and forwards between the two, that way you get to eat both .
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Hi there

Yes Harvey did a similar thing with a roasted bone I gave him the other day. He hadn't had one before and sniffed at it suspicioulsly for a couple of minutes and then walked off and ignored it! I tried coaxing him to no avail. Left it in the garden the rest of the day. After tea I offered it to him again and he spent all evening in the garden with it, in fact he stayed outside in the dark until after 11.00 when we were ready for bed! As previously stated in another post have got some frozen bones from the butchers today so will be interesting to see if he has the same reaction.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-08-2005, 08:03 PM
thanx Mini can see that makes sense had thought that but was interested to see if my theory was right and thanx Marean glad to know Zanta isnt the only one who does slightly strange things (or so i thought)