Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Err, he sounds like a nutter to me.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2009, 10:39 PM
I'd go with the beating cr@p out of him idea Sounds like he needs a seeing to Dirtbag

I wouldn't stop taking my dog, when it was his off-lead dog at fault (or really the bully's fault but it was his dog that got tangled with yours).

If he gets sassy again, don't hesitate, call the police (or batter him but you might be too much of a lady, unlike me ). I'd be like a madwoman if anyone assaulted my dogs or kids. I think I'd end up in trouble. Nobody has the right to abuse your dog. I'd also tell the stable owner and maybe he can have a word.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-02-2009, 10:41 PM
On one occasion, I caught some youths tormenting my Kali, so I decided to be "the heavy":

"If you bad-use my dog, you are courting death!"

Snorri
PrinessBessy
New Member!
Female 

28-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Can't you just tie Bess up outside your own stable until you go to the muckheap or have finished and are going up the field to get the horse in or something?? From what I'm reading here, it seems like your dog is left to run around ad lib, and then she gets you into trouble for playing with other dogs when maybe they don't want their dogs playing with Bess?

I used to take my puppies up to the yard, but they were always tied up outside my OWN stable, not interferring with anyone else or their dogs, until I was off somewhere I could then unleash her and she could follow me? Can't you try that then and maybe the others won't have any reason to have a go at you? When you say the new puppy is not allowed of it's lead, then obviously the owner had that tied up outside her stable when your Bessy must have gone over to it and it got all tangled up?

I know what it's like at stableyards, had many years of it, dogs running all over the place sometimes, and it used to get up my nose too! I can see it from their point of view, sorry! No excuse for him to have kicked your dog though, I would have gone ape at him if he'd done that to mine, and I'm surprised he didn't actually say to you "well keep your dog out of MY stable and away from my dogs then" coz that's probably what I would have said, but there was no need for him to have used physical abuse on the poor dog!

may I just add Bessy is never off her lead, she is the only dog thats stays on her lead and while im in the stable she is tied outside my stable, she is never off the lead on the yard. Plus the other puppy is always aloud off its lead while bessy is always on her lead
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Oh I see, the way you wrote it, it sounded like the 14 week old puppy was not aloud of THEIR lead, which made me assume yours was off? Did they both get tangled up then considering her puppy is only 14 weeks and not allowed off then? If Bess was tied up outside your stable, then how on earth did she end up in HIS stable? I'm confused now If your dog is tied up, then give him a piece of your mind, and go and report what he did to the yard owner then, that's totally out of order!
PrinessBessy
New Member!
Female 

28-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh I see, the way you wrote it, it sounded like the 14 week old puppy was not aloud of THEIR lead, which made me assume yours was off? Did they both get tangled up then considering her puppy is only 14 weeks and not allowed off then? If Bess was tied up outside your stable, then how on earth did she end up in HIS stable? I'm confused now If your dog is tied up, then give him a piece of your mind, and go and report what he did to the yard owner then, that's totally out of order!
Sorry think I have confused you a little

My puppy was only 14 weeks when the first incident happened

The other puppy is about 8 months

My puppy pulled her collar over her head once and thats how she ended up in HIS stable

Plus may I add his dogs are always coming in my stable, but i dont kick them

sorry if i have confused you
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 06:59 PM
All clear now then, but still not good is it on his part I mean. You're going to have to say something to the yard owner about this bloke, that was totally out of order what he did to your dog in this case, and the yard owner is the only person who can sort this out. Afterall, he's a bloke, you're a female, probably a lot younger than him maybe, don't know, so you can't do what you'd really really like to do to him can you, so take the proper route and explain all this to the owner of the yard and hopefully they'll have words with him. Keep out of his way too, and tell him you don't want HIS dogs in your stable either!!! Tell him to keep them under control, you're trying to muck out, they might get a pitch fork stuck in them etc. etc. and plus they're getting in your way when you're trying to get your stable done! Get up his nose, like he's getting up yours! I would! If yours is tied up, why can't he tie HIS up then? That's always how we did it up at the stables, otherwise it's pandemonium if everybody has dogs and sometimes they got hurt especially when they're young and immature!
Has he been there a lot longer than you as well?? That won't help Do all the others like this bloke or not? If they don't, then get them all on your side and get together and ask him to keep his blooming dogs tied up like you do! There's always one!
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2009, 08:52 PM
This moron cant go around kicking peoples dogs....he needs a good hiding!!!!!!
I would NEVER put up with that...and trust me if he kicked my dog....he would never do it again, I'd rip his leg off!!!!!
You shouldnt put up with it, that is animal abuse and you shop either report him or next time you see him stick a folk up his a$$ or a shovle over his head!!!

Hope your dogs ok?
Sorry folks if I sound abit harsh ....keep your hands to yourself, and we wont have any problems!!!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 09:29 PM
poor bessey , this is disgraceful ,i would have really given him a mouth full ,he cant go round doing this ,like stumpywop says ,what dos he do when ,he has his animals a lone .take a camera next time .vile human being ,he dos need stopping at this . he sounds like he has no respect for animals at all ,very cruel what ever you do dont let ,bessey wonder round by him
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2009, 09:53 PM
I think you are being far to nice, too...

I pity the poor fool who kicks my dog for no reason. My boot would be up morons ar$e quicker than a flash.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >