Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 10:18 AM

Update on barking at neighbour

I posted a few weeks back about Meg barking at our neighbour.
Anyway she has been barking at him whenever she see's him by our fence.
Anyway she went ballastic last night,I was in the utility keeping an eye on her but I thought leave her to carry on for a few minutes.
Came back into the house and went to the patio doors to let her in and our neighbour was picking up junk and throwing it over the fence into the other neighbours garden.
Both myself and O/H watched in amazement,bricks and wood were all going flying over

Anyhow just been sorting out the washing and she started again,the window was open and he was shouting at her I couldn't make out what he was saying though but it was definatly aimed at Meg,I went out to hang the washing out and he got in his car and drove off.

So I am going to let her carry on barking at him, and god help him if he throws anything over our fence or at our dogs.
macapaca
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Obviously dog hates neighbour and rightly so. I used to have an english bull terrier who barked at our neighbour but only because he used to poke his nose through the fence to have a look and she used to hit him with a broom. It was her fence she should have patched it up instead of hitting him. Some people just dont know how to be nice.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Your neighbour sounds awful. I think I'd be tempted to put up very high fences. Doesn't sound like he's the full shilling, if you ask me throwing stuff over peoples gardens!!!!! Hope he moves or something. Would hate to live near an idiot like that. Poor you
LurcherLuver
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Not sure how legal this is but my first instinct would be to take pictures of him throwing the stuff over neighbours fence i wouldnt aim the camera directly at him, take the picture as if you were taking one of your dog barking in the garden and it just so happens you catch him at the edge of the photo
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-03-2009, 08:54 PM
What nice neighbours you guys have lol

We've had a lot of neighbours come and go over the years, each of them with tonnes of kids. I've noticed the rapid decline of our fence pannels with the kids picking it apart and creating holes, especially with their football. I don't leave Prince out unattended. You never know what they're capable of so watch out. I know a bloke who's dog died after his out door water bowl was poisoned.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I was going to say that its all well and good her having a bark at him but if he is not the full shilling you have no idea what he will do. You will never prove something like "anti freeze" in some meat or water....take care.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Hi,

This guy seems like a right muppet to me. If he's prepared to throw things over the other neighbour's fence then he's capable of chucking stuff over into your garden also. I'd hate to think anything would land on Meg.

See if you can get pictures or better still, a video of what he's doing. Then send it to your local Council and they should put yu in touch with the relevant department to deal weith it.

Alternatively, if ever Meg was hurt y him throwing stuff, you can invovled the police as this constitutes criminal damage (dogs are property in english law). If he was to throw anything over and you were hurt, then it woul dbe assault.

It may be worth trying to curb Megs' barking just a little. by all means let her bark and have her say, but maybe you could distract her by playing with a favourite toy etc. This way your neighbour will hopefully not see her barking as excessive or always associated with or directed at him.

Laura xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks all.

He's not all the ticket and looked rather spaced out,like he had either taken something or was drunk.

I have been checking our garden every day and also take the water bowls in at night, and if I go out just in case as you rightly pointed out we don't know what they will do next.

We are hopefully having CCTV installed fairly shortly,it will be angled to cover the fence,taken police advice on this so it should be fine and pick up anything he does to our property.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 07:04 AM
I don't know the full story but I'd tend to curb her barking, because looked at from the dog's viewpoint it will be stressful for her if when she goes into the garden she is ready for a barking session, and she will probably be more reactive generally.

I've had problem neighbours in the past so I really sympathise. Once I noticed my neighbour was winding up my dogs by banging the fence panels on purpose to make them bark....

Thankfully I've moved since then and now have lovely neighbours not just on each side but also across the road too! I know how lucky I am!

Wys
x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 08:30 AM
Blimey, sounds like he is a brick short of a full load, maybe he has throen that brick over too?

I would keep an eye and see if I could get video/pics as well. You never know when it moght come in handy!

Seems as if Meg is a very good judge of character though.