Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 12:00 PM
PCWORLD - cash sale tho..
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi VB I have a temperamental HP printer/scanner (HP1215), when it starts fussing about a paper jam I remove the plate on the back to check all is well, replace the plate and it usually works again after a few coughs and splutters

Beware,with my previous HP printer I pulled out the jammed paper instead of removing it by the back plate and it never worked again
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
I bought a HP printer/scanner in a sale in Jan. I always buy Canons however the HP was smaller & reduced a lot. Scanner works fine & printer used infrequently.

Typed up a 8-page text document yesterday afternoon & darn thing wont print. Ive did all the diagnostics etc - it says there is either a paper jam (nope there isnt) or there is no paper in the tray (yes, there is). Ive tried different paper - no good. When feeding paper through, it pulls the paper to one side & then stops. Logic would say theres something stuck somewhere but its not

Ive no receipt

At the moment its in a bag to go to the tip which is a shame as the scanner works perfectly. Ironically its first time ive bought a printer/scanner combined, i wont again

Anyway its just a moan, tomorrow hopefully i will get out to hunt for a new one & hopefully go back to another Canon.
I recently had a similar problem with a HP printer, it kept repeatedly saying out of paper, paper jam, carriage jam, new printheads required blah blah blah. We downloaded the lastest printer drivers from hp and it cured it. None of the above were true it was just having a mental
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Give them a call. I'm pretty certain that you won't need the receipt because they have everything logged on computer.

They told me the exact things I'd bought and when the last time I went in and wanted the model of the PC I'd bought some months previously
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Call them up & tell them when you bought the printer, ask them to check the system for you. Give your name & postcode .It wont do any harm

Good luck
lolly2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

Before getting rid I would contact HP it will still be under warrenty and they should collect and fix for free I had epson do this for me and I had lost my reciept. HP will have a good idea of the age by the seriel number on the printer.

Worth a shot
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Give them a call. I'm pretty certain that you won't need the receipt because they have everything logged on computer.

They told me the exact things I'd bought and when the last time I went in and wanted the model of the PC I'd bought some months previously
Great minds & all that
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2