Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2011, 08:09 PM

Nightmare!

Ok, this is good!

I thoight I had a virus. Computer ws a bit slow, runing a bit hot, but ignored it.

Got my new game, and it crashed big time! As I am a pratt, I carried on anyway, downloaded it overnight by Steam, and played all day yesterday. By last night, I felt a bit guilty, and ran my antivirus on scan.

This morning, my computer had crashed, and wouldn't start. So, have spent all day, reformatting, and re-installing.

All was good. I tried to install my game from CD, and it all crashed again!

Can a DVD a bought from Play be infected? I can't imagine so. So... hardware issues? Most of my stuff is about 3 years old, except the HD, which I got at Christmas.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

26-04-2011, 02:25 AM
It does sound a bit hardware-ish. Particularly the running a bit hot part. Maybe a good place to start would be (Assuming a desktop or tower PC) to take the case off and (Carefully!) vacuum out any dust that might be stopping air flow.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 08:57 AM
I`ve had problems with my pc over the past few days because of the heat. Check your fans?
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Well... fingers crossed it is ok. I actually gave the insides a good clean out before I reformatted. CPU's running at 27C atm and no crashes yesterday