View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 07:29 PM
I think you're big problem here is the background of this poor "puppy" you've just adopted. Not her fault in the slightest, but when you think about it, she's been used as a breeding machine for all those months, and you know the terrible conditions some of these poor dogs have to suffer, not knowing what life is quite honestly, never knowing the companionship of someone to love them, feed them on a regular basis, take them out into the real world to explore and meet up with other dogs to play with, oh it's all so terrible for them, and now that you've got her at home with you, she really doesn't know where she stands or what she's supposed to do does she???!

In my heart, I don't feel you will be able to handle this, but ONLY because you have another dog who does know what real life is all about, and I think for that reason, she really might be better off somewhere on her own on a one to one basis with somebody who can introduce her to living in a loving home instead of the only life she knows. I know it would be lovely for her to have a companion such as your Angel as well as living in a loving home like yours, but not for THIS particular dog, that's all I'm trying to say here I honestly do worry for your Angel, and afterall, as I said before, your home is HER home first, and try as you might, this probably won't work out, and as I also said before, I really do feel for Angel in this predicament. You never know, it might ruin all that you have done with her, worst case scenario, because she is also young, it might even turn her fear aggressive or worse. You have to weigh up the whole situation here, and as much as you love this new little puppy, it might not be the one for you.
angel 02
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-11-2008, 07:44 PM
angel is my baby and never wanted to put her in a position where she would get hurt or upset by it. i understand everything everyone is saying and think your probably right i was saying to my partner early i didnt want angel to become aggressive with all of this .. oh i dont know what to do im not putting her in rescue i will just have to try and re home her myself and keep them apart while i do it agrrr why is nothing easy
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by angel 02 View Post
i know neither of them are puppies but that's what i call angel my baby puppy and i just think as she doesn't have a name yet puppy is nicer than dog i do know the breed I'm not claiming to be an expert at all but before we got angel i did loads of research and spoke o alot of staff owners but this situation isn't normal really and lucky for me im on here to get advice.
angel is my baby and never wanted to put her in a position where she would get hurt or upset by it. i understand everything everyone is saying and think your probably right i was saying to my partner early i didnt want angel to become aggressive with all of this .. oh i dont know what to do im not putting her in rescue i will just have to try and re home her myself and keep them apart while i do it agrrr why is nothing easy
Contact Staffie rescue and ask for their help, they may be able to place her in a safe home ...but in the mean time keep them apart!!!!!!!!!!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 09:00 PM

Staffie Rescue would be much better for the dog than another unsuitable but well meaning, temporary home. At least they can do a proper assessment on the sort of home she needs and the next owner can make an informed decision.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
18 months old in my eyes is not a puppy, especially in this breed, they can do untold damage at that age. People who know these dogs are well aware of that. I fear for your existing dog I really do.
I would say 18 months old... is still a puppy...well young dog.. not pysicaly but mentaly...

vinnie is 2.5... and is still not mentaly mature...mind you im not holding my breath on that ever happening with him

Holly his sister on the other hand was born mature....{ in some some ways but not others.... } had to add that last bit as my excuse for not mating her so far is ....shes not mature enough... lol
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 02:20 PM
How's it going Angel? Have you made any progress? Have you made any decisions? I hope all is well with you...
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3