Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Fantastic guys keep the weird food fetishes coming hahahaha
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Dax loves food. Anything he can get but he drools for oranges & satsumas & won't leave my side at the table if I have cucumber or celery.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 02:18 PM
WOW gsd sue cucumber or celery , never heard of a dog eating that . oranges and satsumas yes but not the other two . thanx for posting . this thread is getting interesting x
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
my dog juke used to love grapes and peaches esp tinned peaches and green apples ,and my mum little dog trixie used to love mandarins ,
Noooooooooo Highly toxic, can be fatal

seems there not so different , there more human than we realise as they are just as keen on human food as doggie ,saying that i had a cat once that loved chocolate and cheese and onion crisps , and green peas hahahaha
Equally extreme high risk to cats as with dogs

You were lucky Dolly K but please, anyone reading, be aware that grapes for dogs and chocolate for dogs and cats is a huge risk to take
Some may argue that in small amounts its fine but please consider a case of a large breed dog [ Great Dane I think ] died after eating just 4 raisins, you never know when that `small` amount of a known food toxin will be the one too many.

[ my apologies for butting in and possibly spoiling a `happy thread` but I felt it important to highlight these particular `treats` ]
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Pigs ears definitely ( i hate when they have hairs on them ewww), cucumber,carrot,apple,a few crisps,salami stick.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
He didnt get them a lot patch an once i mentioned it to my vet i was not aware they were fatal or toxic , he never got them agian , i dont feed the boxers any fruit at all now .
juke died sadly from a brain and spinal tumour in feb last year xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Im glad you did include your knowledge patch in this thread , gratefully appreciated thankyou , for bringing the importance of it to the thread xx
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Im glad you did include your knowledge patch in this thread , gratefully appreciated thankyou , for bringing the importance of it to the thread xx
Thank you for your graciousness of response, and for not taking my comment the wrong way :smt058
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Jess's favorite treats are Pets At Home "puppy mini bones" and freshly made crackling.... yummy!
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post

Equally extreme high risk to cats as with dogs

You were lucky Dolly K but please, anyone reading, be aware that grapes for dogs and chocolate for dogs and cats is a huge risk to take
Some may argue that in small amounts its fine but please consider a case of a large breed dog [ Great Dane I think ] died after eating just 4 raisins, you never know when that `small` amount of a known food toxin will be the one too many.

[ my apologies for butting in and possibly spoiling a `happy thread` but I felt it important to highlight these particular `treats` ]

I thought I was knowledgable on the dangers of foods to dogs but I wasnt aware of grapes and raisins being toxic to dogs!!!

Jess occasionally gets a grape, but she usually just batted it about on the floor untill she squished it then got another to do the same with... gods I feels terrible that I didnt know this!

Are oranges safe?

She has had the odd segment of orange...

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >