View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 12:53 PM

Why its so hard to organise a birthday party...

Please guys, this time next year, remind me never to do this again!!!

Big day for me on Saturday, a party to celebrate my 21st (although not actually 21 till 22nd dec) so I plan way ahead. Book a load of Murder mystery Actors, hire caters, book a large club out. All set, expensive, but set.

So I finally get invites out in August. (again, trying to plan ahead) Funnily enough can never get hold of the caterers, friend of my mothers so have to be patient. By the end of October the only thing set in stone is the expensive Murder mystery actors.

Cut short to two weeks ago when I'm frantically phoning people asking why they have not responded and trying to collect ticket prices (had to charge a bit and caterers went cheap either!) Realise I havn't even looked at a fancy dress costume (its a wild western theme) frantically look on Ebay. Find perfect dress, Pricey, but I dont have time to shop around, so brought it. Found perfect boots, extremely pricey, again out of time by now, brought those too. Luckily, and I mean LUCKILY both fit nicely, so at least that another thing to check of my list!

Then the ever eventfull task of certain people not liking other certain people. "Yes I will come, but please sit me as far away from so-an-so" GRRRRR!!! then the OH turns round and says "see told you you shouldn't have invited so-an-so" Oh, I'm, sorry am I the only one who's trying to be mature about this? these people are 10/20 years older than me, im sure they cant fight it out amongst themselves!!!

And the other eventful task of "Well what are we eating?" "Nachos, Chicken & chips and Apple Pie" "Hmmm im not keen on chicken, can I have a burger instead?" ERM, HOW ABOUT NO!!!!!

And one more "Well im not really keen on dressing up." "Thats fine i'm not forcing you" "Well what are you wearing?" "No Idea" "maybe we could match" "Maybe not" "Shall we go shopping on Saturday" "thats the day of the party..." "Oh yeah....."

So 10 minutes ago I have finally sorted out the seating plan. No doubt this will be wrong and SOMEONE will want to move when we get there, but im safe in the knowledge i've tried my best to make everyone happy. Now still on the phone to those last 5 people, who, for the sake of making my life hell arn't confirming. and Im really worried that they will turn up on the night and then i'll have to turn them away because they hadn't paid and theres not enough food.

So as it stands:

Dress - check
Mates (Most of) - check
Actors - check
Hall - check

Caterers - No idea?
Music/DJ - No check
Money collected - No check

AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh I am NEVER EVER planning a birthday party again!!!!
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 02:57 PM
aww I feel for you, but im sure it will all be worth while!!!

Its your 21st relax and enjoy it!!!
Hope you have a great time!!!!!!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Cripes! That sounds like quite a party you're having! How about you tell your fella that if he makes any more useless comments he's going to find himself lumbered with collecting the money!