Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 12:26 PM

Pay Pal Help anyone please?

I'm really confused (for a change!)

Can anyone tell me what a sending limit is in PayPal? Is this a monthly figure that goes back up at the end of the month? What happens when it goes to nothing? You can't buy anything else with PayPal?

I'm waiting to verify my account by giving a bank account although I don't want money coming from the account, I want it to come off the credit card when I pay for something. My sending limit has gone down to around £80.00. After I'm verified will I have an unlimited sending limit? And this comes from my credit card, not my bank account, right?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 12:45 PM
I didn't have to register a bank account with paypal just a credit card I think and I don't remember seeing a spending limit on it ( not that I've looked!!!!) When I iuse Paypal it just automatically goes through the credit card...
Not sure if it's relevant but when i registered with ebay etc, I had to use an email address from anISP that I paid for...so, my Yahoo email address would have meant that I would have to register my bank details, but my payable account meant i didn't...would that have something to do with it???
Sorry, probably been NO help at all!!!!!!!
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

14-02-2006, 01:38 PM
When you are an unverified purchaser, you have an initial sum of £500 trading limit after this you have to verfy. For this you will have to give them bank details etc. Once you have this done then there is no limit on what you can buy as long as the funds can be cleared for payment.

Hope this helps.....

This is for money laundering fraud prevention.....
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Thanks Sponge - that's exactly what I needed to know! Much appreciated, given my dwindling limit .

Thanks Ailsa too - have a look on your account on PayPal - if you click on view limits it gives the limit there.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 06:37 PM
It's not actually your limit you can see dwindling, as such, but what you have left of the £500 you had to start with. Everyone is treated the same. I just had to give them bank details to get my limit lifted.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 07:18 PM
Thanks - I have to wait for them to depost some tiny amount in my account and report it back to them before it will be lifted. No e-baying for a day or so then eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Thanks - I have to wait for them to depost some tiny amount in my account and report it back to them before it will be lifted. No e-baying for a day or so then eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
They just did that for me - hell I'm 76p up so what do I care....
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-02-2006, 08:29 PM
I used a Yahoo account to sign up - with no problems. Signed up with a credit card ... and don't have a withdrawal limit (only a receive limit).