View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 04:46 PM
I use Avast free version, why pay money when you can get things for free. It is brilliant, it lets you know when you are updating by talking to you and when I downloaded it after using McAfee it found viruses on my computer and got rid of them.
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Thanks for all the replies folks.....one thing that puts me off changing from Norton is that I have heard it is very difficult to uninstall. Apparently when you uninstall it...it doesn't remove everything and what it leaves behind can cause conflicts with the new antivirus stuff you put on. Not sure how correct this is but it was a techie that told me this.....
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Het
Thanks for all the replies folks.....one thing that puts me off changing from Norton is that I have heard it is very difficult to uninstall. Apparently when you uninstall it...it doesn't remove everything and what it leaves behind can cause conflicts with the new antivirus stuff you put on. Not sure how correct this is but it was a techie that told me this.....

Yes Het that is true, my sons uninstalled his Norton and it was not easy. But if you go to the Norton helpline it tells you how to do it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2