View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 04:55 PM
i think as everyone else says well done for really thinking it through!
But you and you alone know what you want to do. Just cos you have had a lot of negative comments (and i dont mean in a bad way guys just that you have pointed out the cons!) doesnt mean you shouldnt do it if thats what you wanted.
I reckon the Dogsey gang would be behind you 100% no matter what you decide x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
i think as everyone else says well done for really thinking it through!
But you and you alone know what you want to do. Just cos you have had a lot of negative comments (and i dont mean in a bad way guys just that you have pointed out the cons!) doesnt mean you shouldnt do it if thats what you wanted.
I reckon the Dogsey gang would be behind you 100% no matter what you decide x
HIya

No the negatives are beneficial and to be very honest I think I went in all guns blazing and then thought about the actual realityand I know that if I met this dog with bruno and he got on I couldnt say no - and then I wont make a decision based on what my head says !!! I have to consider the current relationship that bruno and luca enjoy too..

My decisions is made and I hope that a perfect home comes up for her very soon., which am sure it will as she is beautiful !!

dani
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
HIya

No the negatives are beneficial and to be very honest I think I went in all guns blazing and then thought about the actual realityand I know that if I met this dog with bruno and he got on I couldnt say no - and then I wont make a decision based on what my head says !!! I have to consider the current relationship that bruno and luca enjoy too..

My decisions is made and I hope that a perfect home comes up for her very soon., which am sure it will as she is beautiful !!

dani
Glad you've come to a decision Dani - albeit it bitter-sweet for you Can't have been an easy call that one - especially when you are considering having another baby too.

Hope she gets a fab new home soon xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Have to say Well done Dani you are thinking of the big picture where so many people wouldn't (but always knew you would) I hope you can tell us later about a happy new home for the wee girl. Hugs to Bruno from us x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
perspective its a great thing, I think i am going to say No to the meet. I know if I meet and they get on, i will find it nigh on impossible to say no. My worst nightmare would be six months down the line finding myself with two dogs that i cant cope with together.

I will always wonder I know that but i think the very fact that I am doubting this much before I have even let them meet, is a good indication that its not right. Bruno is 8 as well and I kinda feel that I have given him such a good last 5 years and he deserves to have the rest the same way and not get put out by another dog - especially with the possibility of another baby in a year or so possibly too- I dont think thats fair.

I think I was having a mad moment of falling in love with a dog yesterday and I hadnt considered Bruno's day to day world which albeit he might love a pal for a weekend - would he really want to share his people with one??

No, I think I have made my decision and as much as I will have a what if - If I do the meet and they get on I will have a much harder decision to make and I wont think I will just do...

Thankyou guys for all your honest and supportive messages, and I really appreciate the perspective you have all given, Sanity has returned and my heart is back in my chest...

a little sad but ultimately Bruno is my first thought and he wasnt there for a little while...
Having had the pleasure of meeting you and Bruno, Dani I have to say I thought it on our meet and I still think it.....your a very responsible owner. I think Bruno was ''one lucky dog'' meeting you and having you in his life.......

Nice one hun xxxxxxx One day you'll have two I know you will.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Glad you've come to a decision Dani - albeit it bitter-sweet for you Can't have been an easy call that one - especially when you are considering having another baby too.

Hope she gets a fab new home soon xx
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Have to say Well done Dani you are thinking of the big picture where so many people wouldn't (but always knew you would) I hope you can tell us later about a happy new home for the wee girl. Hugs to Bruno from us x
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Having had the pleasure of meeting you and Bruno, Dani I have to say I thought it on our meet and I still think it.....your a very responsible owner. I think Bruno was ''one lucky dog'' meeting you and having you in his life.......

Nice one hun xxxxxxx One day you'll have two I know you will.
Thanks guys xxx

bruno sends lots of kisses to you all - lying on his bed with it all to himself - he looks quite content !!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2009, 05:41 AM
Awww Dani, I think you have made the right decision too. IF problems occurred further down the line you would never forgive yourself and by that time you would be just as in love with her as you are with Bruno.

One day you will have a houseful of dogs I am convinced of it...but life would not be good if you had 2 dogs that couldn't be left alone, even for a second, with toddlers in the house...not a fun scenario,no matter how much you love the dogs.

Huge hugs accompanied by a huge pat on the back fro being such a fab owner
EmmaWatson
New Member!
Female 

25-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi

Love at first sight is tough.
I had a similar situation with a cat i fostered, i loved him dearly but mine was not the right home for him as he had just had his leg amputated and with 3 cats and a dog it would have been too much.
He now has a fab home all on his own with a lovely lady so alls well that ends well!

Hope your story has a happy ending too. x
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2009, 07:15 AM
Glad you came to a decision Dani - though I know it was a tough one to come to. *hugs* xx
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6