Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 03:02 PM

Old dogs collars - and a soft heart,

Just been in the loft and came across the bag holding my "old" dogs collars. Sam and Gyp's. Gypsy's.
And I swear even after all these years I can still smell them on the collars opening the bag (an old carrier) I just got a wonderful whiff of the leather and I could smell (I swear) the dogs on them.

Just looking at the collars brought back memories. Lovely memories.

Odd I reuse leads but collars are "special" Does anyone else keep their previous dogs collars or am I just soft?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 03:06 PM
I keep them too :smt001
Theres nothing wrong with being sentimental about something which brings back wonderful memories
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 03:12 PM
I have kept Fudge`s first one as it is a reminder of how tiny she once was. I think it is a bit like keeping those first pair of shoes. Anything that triggers memories must be good.....
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Yer me to i keep my dogs collars i was looking at one the other day it was from one of my cavaliers who i had back in 1985 i think it was when i lost him so i have kept it all those years.It is nice to be sentimental
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 03:26 PM
It's funny how dogs smell differently isn't it?
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Yes I have kept all my dogs collars, and I admit I have the occasional sniff of my old collie who died this year. can't say her name I start crying. I keep all the stuff like that in a special box, and their first puppy collars, it's nice to remember isn't it.
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2007, 09:47 AM
I keep the collars too as yes they hold the smell of the dog, I have Meghans atached to the big framed photo of her so i can still feel she is in the house with me..
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 10:10 AM
I use the same puppy first collar, and it is hanging in the dog room waiting to see when it will get used again

I tidied my great aunts house out last year after she died, and all her old dog collars were kept in the cupboard under the stairs, I took one home to keep. Strange folks aren't we
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 10:17 AM
i have a tiny brown leather collar worn by my first cavalier some 20 years ago every puppy since then has worn this collar to train with

i always feel like her legend lives on
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I've kept my horse's leather headcollar and I can still smell him on it which brings back fond memories. I have Cassie's collar tied around the pot of the pink rose bush placed at the head of her grave in the garden..... Don't know why I did that, but there ya go!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >