View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Thats really sad... I only ever let my 2 off lead far away from the road if were on the riverbank!!! Would never be stupid enough to trust them near a road....
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Touching and i wish i could send it to a load of people who live and walk their dogs around me. Actually, that would credit them with having trained their dogs at all but anyway.
packleader
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Very sad, but a important lesson has being learned. Your post will make others who thought the same as you to maybe use a lead.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 01:20 PM
This sad story is something I learnt many years ago when A dog who had been shown in the obedience class at Crufts died one day when hewas left unfastened in a sit outside the paper shop, a place he was left everyday & had been for 5 years. No one will know why but he was run over in the road outside the shop & killed. It made a big impression on me. Now I don't trust even the most obedient dog. It only takes a second.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
This sad story is something I learnt many years ago when A dog who had been shown in the obedience class at Crufts died one day when hewas left unfastened in a sit outside the paper shop, a place he was left everyday & had been for 5 years. No one will know why but he was run over in the road outside the shop & killed. It made a big impression on me. Now I don't trust even the most obedient dog. It only takes a second.

Exactly..it only takes a second for that dog to see something before you, for the to decide they aren't going to listen, for a car to come along the road at the wrong time
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2008, 01:33 PM
That has just made me cry IMO only dogs with superb recall should be offlead and then in secure areas..... it only takes a moments lapse in concentration in dog and or owner for disaster to strike....
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2