Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 08:23 PM

Neighbours new fence

Our neighbours planning permission has gone through and they've started building their stables and garage.

However, instead of hedging, they've decided to put a fence up. The local council have no issues with this, as it's the same as "screening".

We knew they were doing it, and that they planned to take out the old stock fence.

Today, this is what I've come home to:

This is the view we used to have:

And their builders have been kind enough to leave all the old fence in our field

Which means I can't let the dogs back into it until it's been gone over with a fine tooth comb, as there's barbed wirte in there

How altogether depressing....
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 08:27 PM
I'd be in floods of tears!!!! Totally ruined the view, but to have left all the debris in your garden is out of order imo xxxxx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Blasted neighbours. How tall is the fencing? If the old fencing is theirs then chuck it over their new fence
Becky
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 08:35 PM
That is apaalling. Is there nothing you can do? I assume you have been to all the available solicitors/planning officers etc?

I am actually very shocked at what they have been allowed to do....

I would get someone in to do aprofessional clean up and send them the bill!!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Thats awful, it looks so enclosed and dark
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Is it your fence or theirs they have left, if theirs I would insist they clean it up.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-03-2008, 08:41 PM
OMG that's awful

I agree with Becky, and three things come to mind:-
a) Check your deeds to find out who owns the fence that they've demolished. If they own it they can't leave the old one on your property, and if you own it they surely need permission to remove it.
b) It looks like the new fence is higher than the old one so surely you should've been notified by the council planning people. They may well have had no objections but I would have thought that they should at least advise you what is being done.
c) Worst of all it looks from the photos like the new fence wouldn't stop a dog from 'burowing' under so your dogs could still get out or their chickens might still get in. (I'm going from the photos, in fact it may be sunk into the ground if so this is invalid)

My sympathies are with you on this, we had a fence dispute with our horrible neighbour recently too.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Thats disgraceful and can't believe they would be allowed to do this to you.You will have to go over it with a fine tooth comb as there could be also nails or screws left lying around too,I really feel for you,xxxxxxxx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-03-2008, 08:49 PM
If the fence is no more than 2mtrs high no planning permission is required. It's sad that the view has disappeared but at least the marauding dogs will be a thing of the past. All fences look stark when new but once planted with climbers etc. it will look completely different. With the hedge they had before it was probably impossible to stop the dogs escaping unless they put a mesh fence on their side. As the saying goes "be careful what you wish for"
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Someone posted this a few days ago.....but I reckon you should get these now........then at least you still get a bit of a view!

http://www.petpeek.info/
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >