View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Robert
Dogsey Senior

01-06-2004, 02:28 PM

Just got pics back from Easter Monday

We went for a bit of a splash in the sea Easter Monday, and as luck would have it we managed to get some pictures, even though I'd brought the wrong lens for the camera and the strobe was too close to the lens but I think a couple or 3 turned out OK

I took this as the shark passed by at about 3 metres away.

This is a different shark, I poked my head up above the surface and there he was passing by.

My wife just going up the line after the dive. probably going to be our best ever dive, its not often your lucky enough to be in the water the same time as the basking sharks are feeding, we counted about 8 of them about 100 metres from the beach where we take the dogs for walks in the winter.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

01-06-2004, 02:38 PM
*Gobsmacked*!

I think I would be too scared to get in the water with sharks around!! Well done Mrs K!!

However, are you winding us up Rob??!
Robert
Dogsey Senior

01-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Winding you up, Azz, not at all, you can have the negatives if you like, I've scanned all the pics now. Out of 26 shots I got 3 decent pics, most of them were ruined by the flash bouncing off the particles in the water, but then if it wassn't for the particles in the water the sharks wouldn't have been there, cos that was what they were feeding on

Here's a pic to show you how most underwater shots come out,
ie rubbish.

And heres on of Mrs K taking another time with a John Dory, she likes talking to fishes

eRaze
Administrator
Male 

01-06-2004, 04:28 PM
It's something I always wanted to do, but never got round to it

Were u just-a-little-bit-scared when the sharks went by??!

What would you have done if they decided they wanted to EAT YOU! ?
Robert
Dogsey Senior

01-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Azz
It's something I always wanted to do, but never got round to it

Were u just-a-little-bit-scared when the sharks went by??!

What would you have done if they decided they wanted to EAT YOU! ?
Come down to Cornwall for your Hols Azz, and you can sample the delights in the clear warm waters of the gulf stream as it gently laps the golden shores, and after I've shown you the sea bed I can show you the wrecked pub where Libs and I spent a quiet afternoon

Scared.............. me ............yeah I was, even though I knew they only eat plankton, I kept thinking " Do they know they only eat plankton"

What would I do if they decided to eat me, no problem there............... every one knows that humans can swim through water faster then sharks can swim through S**t, and any way sharks don't eat divers, the air tanks give them wind
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

01-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Thanks Would love to! Dont have a go at me now... but I've never been that way b4 Devon, Cornwall etc but I've heard its sooooooo beautiful, but the joy of having a dog means we'll have to holiday in the UK now, Yippee!

I'd be surprised if the pub you and Libs went to is still standing! And the sharks...well, if they evey saw my ugly mut I'm sure they'd run a million miles away!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2004, 04:57 PM
:smt040 You should come and try that up here! We have plenty of things to dive on (including 7 WW1 German warships) - but the sharks up here are porbeagles, and the Council hasn't got round to telling them about plankton yet!

I don't think anyone has been eaten (either wholly or partly ) in recent times, but that doesn't mean nobody will

Snorri
(sticking to dry land)
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

01-06-2004, 04:59 PM
lol Snorri!
Robert
Dogsey Senior

01-06-2004, 05:10 PM
We booked to go up your way Snorri, Scapa Flow, but the weather turned so the diving was blown out for that week, so we turned round and went south instead, ended up in Cornwall, and so started a love affair with the diving down here and a move 4 years ago.

Who knows how things may have turned out if we had gone North that week.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Robert K
Who knows how things may have turned out if we had gone North that week.
You'd have got a Council grant, and started up with your own dive boat! It's what all the others did!

Snorri
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >