Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clue1e55
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2004, 12:07 AM
well thanx for all your input.
Azz i will try giving her pinapple in her food. trouble is its not that area she is cleaning. its the other bits. shes making the others sore. i supose i could try a nappy cream, but would this be harmfull if eaten, someone suggested nail stop and grow. OUCH
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2004, 12:15 AM
This may eb way off the mark but; On wildlife programmes with "wild dogs etc" dogs who are meeting "alpha dogs" lick and grovel for a bit.
I wonder if she's trying to "keep her place" in the pack by trying to do something.

You know she's going nowhere but 3 months of heaven out of 30 minths of hell. She doesn't know she's staying.

kAREN
Clue1e55
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2004, 12:25 AM
do you know Kazz, she is such a sad little case. everytime i look at her i feel for her. because she wasnt here as a puppy like all the others her behaviour seems strange. my girls are all happy loonies, she acts desperate, every fuss you would think was going to be her last. she must have been starved of affection. i had a boy pug from same breeder last year, he just went round and round in circles, My vet said hed been caged most of his two year life. i house trained him and decided he needed more than i could give, he went to live with one other dog and he is now king pin. and very very happy and loved. This little girl also circles. but only to do her buisness. theres a pic of her on my pictures, shes the smaller fawn.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

29-05-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by Clue1e55
well thanx for all your input.
Azz i will try giving her pinapple in her food. trouble is its not that area she is cleaning. its the other bits. shes making the others sore. i supose i could try a nappy cream, but would this be harmfull if eaten, someone suggested nail stop and grow. OUCH
Hi Clue, you would need to give the pineapple juice in the others foods bcos its their bits u want her to stop lickin! lol
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2004, 05:29 AM
How do the other dogs react when she does this?

The ideal solution would be for one, or all, of the others to tell her off, but it sounds as though they accept it. However, if she is making them sore it might just be a matter of time before they discipline her. If this happens do try not to interfere. It is unlikely that they will hurt her and she will learn far more quickly from them that her behaviour is unacceptable than she will from you.

PS Is she spayed. If not, is she due in, or just out of, season?
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2004, 06:02 AM
Tigger used to do that too, but not in that area, lol, in the eyes and ears. He stopped when my other dog disciplined him, as Shadowboxer said... Now he barely ever attempts it.
Clue1e55
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2004, 01:45 AM
Hi
Ive given a lot of thought to what everyone has said. and do you know it suddenly occured to me why she is doing this.

I havent mentioned it but Twinks my fawn pug went to stud and should of had pups 3 may. to cut the story short, she did have one pup that was dead(it caused us great upset which is why i didnt mention it) she was given epsom salts and passified.
But the other bitches would have been aware, Mary cleaned up the puppy and became a little fretfull herself. Twinks wanted lots of hugs. AND Lilly has obviously been doing all the cleaning.
it was staring me in the face. been so full of grief i didnt connect.
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2004, 05:52 AM
Oh, how sad Clue I'm sorry to hear that... Maybe it's best to let her be and maybe she'll get over it and stop?
Bon
Almost a Veteran

30-05-2004, 10:10 AM
OMG Chloe...mustard :smt016 :smt043
Bon
Almost a Veteran

30-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Poor girl...she has gone a bit overboard in her duties. :smt049
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >