Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2010, 03:07 PM

First day back and we have issues

Grrrrrr,
Over the pe kit
Lizzie has told me should she not have the correct kit then she will be punished,not allowed to do pe and fail her BTEC Sport exam.
This is equal to Two GCSE's.
Needless to say I am fuming

How dare they,I have written a letter to school stating why they don't have the correct kit also stating that under government guidelines it should be reasonablly priced,£25 for a top,£18 for shorts and £6 for socks is not what I call reasonable. I checked the prices when I got there sweatsirts and t shirts,two weeks ago.

I have also stated that under government guidelines,no child should be punished when it is down to fiancial reasons.

I shall also be phoning school tomorrow,I am livid
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2010, 03:12 PM
unbelievable.......did you pursue the monopoly side of it as well? I am still of the belief that there has to be an alternative source for state school uniforms!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
unbelievable.......did you pursue the monopoly side of it as well? I am still of the belief that there has to be an alternative source for state school uniforms!
Isn't it,
Government guidelines state there should be,but there is no legislation as yet.

I am truely disgusted,I really am.
I will take it further should either Liz or Tom be punished.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2010, 03:23 PM
That is so unfair. Fingers crossed you are able to sort it out.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2010, 03:57 PM
It really is a big bug bear of mine as school uniform was originally bought into schools many years ago, so everyone was dressed the same and there would be no social class difference in what a child was able to wear. This was mean't to be to help low income families and the children so they didn't feel lower class citizens because of thier dress.
These days they have gone overboard and the original reason has gone out of the window. I know when my daughter was at school she had this colour expensive top, shorts and socks for this type of PE and then required another expensive sort of another colour for another type. Luckily my parents helped me out but I am furious to say that one of the sets was only ever worn once.
Schools really do need to take a long hard look at what they are forcing parents to pay and go back to realising as long as colour is near enough for main uniform any colour for PE to run round and get filthy in will do as after all school is compulsory not like we can just say its too expensive so they won't go in and do this and that.
Its a scandel and a big money making thing, the same as the price for some of the school trips.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
It really is a big bug bear of mine as school uniform was originally bought into schools many years ago, so everyone was dressed the same and there would be no social class difference in what a child was able to wear. This was mean't to be to help low income families and the children so they didn't feel lower class citizens because of thier dress.
These days they have gone overboard and the original reason has gone out of the window. I know when my daughter was at school she had this colour expensive top, shorts and socks for this type of PE and then required another expensive sort of another colour for another type. Luckily my parents helped me out but I am furious to say that one of the sets was only ever worn once.
Schools really do need to take a long hard look at what they are forcing parents to pay and go back to realising as long as colour is near enough for main uniform any colour for PE to run round and get filthy in will do as after all school is compulsory not like we can just say its too expensive so they won't go in and do this and that.
Its a scandel and a big money making thing, the same as the price for some of the school trips.
I so agree with your post,uniform is getting so expensive now and the purpose of it seems to have gone out the window.

There one t-shirt is £7.50,just because it has blues stripes around the collar and the school logo on it,now you can get three plain white ones from Tesco for £5.
loobey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2010, 06:25 PM
this kind of thing used to infuriate me, still does even though my daughter left school years ago. i had to buy her football boots i asked was it really necessary? oh yes, absolutely! she never wore them, not once in three years. another thing they wanted was £10 for what amounted to a plastic bag with a bit of card in it for her artwork!!! i made her the same. the school tried to moan about it but i was having none of it. it did the job fine!!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2010, 06:39 PM
It's madness!

Hope they don't punish Tom or Lizzie.....I'd be fuming too x
boredinstroud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2010, 08:15 PM
That is ridiculous - schools have def got worse, in my day (not so long ago!) the colours were simple - navy skirt, white shirt & same for PE - could pick up something generic from wherever. Good luck fighting your case!
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Thought the point of uniform was to ensure that everyone could looked the same, a complete monopoly on where you can get a certain colour stripe on a shirt is unfair and completely defies the reasons that uniform has been reintroduced to a lot of schools in recent years. Good luck!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >