Female 

30-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Loving Ettas channel Have subscribed!
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by labaddicted91 View Post
Awww thanks. I would like to think she is making progress anyhow :P Sorry for the very late reply- we took her down to london for the first time and she adored hampstead heath, and was really well behaved, was so proud of her. So much that I let her off lead and she came back first time every single time
No worries, hope you had a great time in London, sounds like your training paid off with her recall being so good
Bailiie will be going on holiday soon too, and we'll have been to our new trainer a few times as well so hopefully lots to work on during the holiday.... More of this than this I hope! I'll keep you posted on that one
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Now if only she would do the same thing when I get her in last thing at night...almost as if she is protesting its not her bedtime lol :P

I'm sure you will do great Definatley keep us posted!
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2012, 08:54 PM
We don't really have a problem coming back in at night time - I think Bailiie looks forward to a big cuddle before bed and then actually loves her bed
Normally I carry her up to bed - she sleeps in her crate in our room - but sometimes she'll take herself off to bed which is really funny
She runs up the stairs and runs into the bedroom before diving into her crate, and curls up tightly on her new bed, then waits for a little tickle
She's ace
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Another betsy update up

Can't believe how well she is doing despite me giving inconsistent cues and signals, she just *knows* what I want of her. Ah, the joys of having crappy co-ordination lol
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Normally I carry her up to bed - she sleeps in her crate in our room - but sometimes she'll take herself off to bed which is really funny
She runs up the stairs and runs into the bedroom before diving into her crate, and curls up tightly on her new bed, then waits for a little tickle
She's ace
Maybe this might solve the problem She will do this but insist on running laps with her giant squeaky fruit salad toy that my OH got her in the garden. I have a theory that its to burn out any spare energy she has before bed lol
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by labaddicted91 View Post
Maybe this might solve the problem She will do this but insist on running laps with her giant squeaky fruit salad toy that my OH got her in the garden. I have a theory that its to burn out any spare energy she has before bed lol
All Bailiie's toys are inside when it's time for last time out before bed! She goes out, barks at the cat that has been in the garden (usually runs off when we get to the door - very frustrating having everyone elses cats in the garden, can't stand it ), does what she needs to do, then comes back in. Ordinarily, she will curl up on my settee, waiting to be "collected" to be taken to bed. This has been like this for about 12-16 months now.....
Prior to this, we did used to have a 10 minute playtime to use up energy before bed, OH used to play whilst I got my teeth cleaned etc! I can't remember what age she stopped, it just seemed to happen; perhaps it was after I increased her walks after work

Hope Betsy settles soon and it gets easier to go to bed

labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2012, 06:37 AM
Originally Posted by labaddicted91
All Bailiie's toys are inside when it's time for last time out before bed! She goes out, barks at the cat that has been in the garden (usually runs off when we get to the door - very frustrating having everyone elses cats in the garden, can't stand it ), does what she needs to do, then comes back in. Ordinarily, she will curl up on my settee, waiting to be "collected" to be taken to bed. This has been like this for about 12-16 months now.....
Prior to this, we did used to have a 10 minute playtime to use up energy before bed, OH used to play whilst I got my teeth cleaned etc! I can't remember what age she stopped, it just seemed to happen; perhaps it was after I increased her walks after work

Hope Betsy settles soon and it gets easier to go to bed
Think we have found a solution, take her for the longer walk 2 hours before she goes to bed....so knackered she has no choice :P
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Better to teach a dog to chill than to turn it into an athlete.

Thats sometimes what happens with clickering---you only clicker things she is moving for. You need to click calm behaviour---or forget the click and simply reward it.

rune
labaddicted91
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Better to teach a dog to chill than to turn it into an athlete.

Thats sometimes what happens with clickering---you only clicker things she is moving for. You need to click calm behaviour---or forget the click and simply reward it.

rune
We are doing that as well. Just we have combined it with appropiate amounts of exercise to make it easier for her- when she is inside she is fine and knows that if she comes into the lounge she is to go straight onto her bed (dont want to risk her falling off the sofa!). No doubt we will get there in the end, just a tad tricky occassionally when she's always 3 steps ahead.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >