Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=halfpenny;2861140]
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

Regardless, what you mean. I depend on daily medication to survive.... Should I be pts?
no of course not, but the sad and paradoxical thing is that should you not want to continue living you don't have a choice in the matter to go to a doctor and be kindly and gently put to sleep. I am not suggesting in any way that you should want to end your life of course, there is no reason why you should want to, it is not an option for you should you want to. I think every sentient being has the right to have a say in whether they live or die.
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2015, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=Gnasher;2861143]
Originally Posted by halfpenny View Post

no of course not, but the sad and paradoxical thing is that should you not want to continue living you don't have a choice in the matter to go to a doctor and be kindly and gently put to sleep. I am not suggesting in any way that you should want to end your life of course, there is no reason why you should want to, it is not an option for you should you want to. I think every sentient being has the right to have a say in whether they live or die.
I total agree, having watched both my father and mother die of cancer, however I do think we are too quick to judge when an animal is ready to die. I have watched many animals, and the fight and will to survive is amazing, sure in the wild, their lives are short but in domestic circumstances ( which most of us live in) they have the capacity to live full and varied lives with a little help. However, if you class them as sentient beings, you go by their cues as to when they want to die... Not yours.
I have seen too many animals lives cut short when they still want to fight. If I see the spark go out of their eyes and they stop eating or show no will to live- I pts, but if they show a will for life and to fight ( assuming any pain is controlled), I continue to fight with them.
I know my parents were still trying to live when they finally died. True, at the end they were not longer able to fight and at that point I would happily let them go ..... But there is a big gap between that and someone who's condition is controlled or while they still have a quality of life ( and let's not forget, many people have different perceptions of what 'quality of life means to them!).
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=halfpenny;2861147]
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

I total agree, having watched both my father and mother die of cancer, however I do think we are too quick to judge when an animal is ready to die. I have watched many animals, and the fight and will to survive is amazing, sure in the wild, their lives are short but in domestic circumstances ( which most of us live in) they have the capacity to live full and varied lives with a little help. However, if you class them as sentient beings, you go by their cues as to when they want to die... Not yours.
I have seen too many animals lives cut short when they still want to fight. If I see the spark go out of their eyes and they stop eating or show no will to live- I pts, but if they show a will for life and to fight ( assuming any pain is controlled), I continue to fight with them.
I know my parents were still trying to live when they finally died. True, at the end they were not longer able to fight and at that point I would happily let them go ..... But there is a big gap between that and someone who's condition is controlled or while they still have a quality of life ( and let's not forget, many people have different perceptions of what 'quality of life means to them!).
I agree with you. I nursed my 92 year old father for the last 3 weeks of his life. He did not want to die but his body was failing him. it was a terrible thing but at least he did not suffer. I was also with my beloved boy Hal when he was dying ... he died in my arms ...I feel truly privileged to have been there at the end of two such important entities in my life. I had no control over my father's destiny, other than I took the decision not to hospitalise him but allow him to die in his own bed; with Hal I had total control, and I had to take the decision to kill him because that was the right thing to do. I regret nothing, with either of them.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 11:11 PM
Excellent conversation, albeit off topic. Agree. Dying with dignity is important for some people. We have one state here, Oregon I think, that has an assisted suicide law for dying and suffering people. It's legal there to euthanize people at their request. As sad as it is for your family to die, if they are suffering, it's cruel to force them to stay alive and in pain.

I saw a documentary about rabies victims in third world countries. The people slowly suffer to death in extreme pain and fear. It's extremely cruel. Their fate is already sealed, there is no reason to let them suffer to death for weeks in agony pinned to a bed. Terrible thing.
Dr Salter
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-03-2015, 06:37 AM
Ive done with participating in this thread. A simple posting of why I dont feed raw, which is what the thread was started for, has created a load of bitching from Members of this forum to the extent that it is pitiful that people have the time to waste on scoring points off each other. I dont give a damn what you others feed, and I have more important things in my life to do than waste time here. This forum is full of amateur experts that dont know what they are talking about. Good luck to the arguing !!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2015, 08:55 AM
Hang on, captain planet. While I agree that there has been some pushiness, I have to say... you're the one who came here and made egregious statements such as raw food or feeding is a "fad". It most certainly is not, and it's going nowhere anytime soon. More and more people are turning to it.

Before you accuse people of not knowing what they are talking about, I'd love to see some of your proof of that. Anybody can type "Dr." in their name and go tossing about the big words they learned while getting their MBA. We need more than your rhetoric if you get to accuse people of not knowing what they are talking about.

In addition, there's no need to be rude, for I find that this forum has members that often know what they are talking about and have much experience. To say the site is full of "amateur experts" is nothing but conjecture, makes little sense as a statement anyway, and is pretty cold.

Since you essentially just came, spouted your opinions, and then got mad when others didn't agree, clearly this site isn't for you. If you refuse to properly back up your claims, and just go about swearing and being immature when people defend their "fad" type of feeding, clearly you don't belong here.

Even this thread was not created to step on others, which is where you went wrong, which is what sparked the raw feeders to don their talons and attack. A gentle approach is best in these cases, and if you turned up the heat, don't complain when you start sweating.

With that being said, I bid you good day.
Mr.Bulldog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-03-2015, 09:30 AM
I thought musher was captain planet lol. God I loved that show when I was a kid.

Could the fact that it seems to have driven both musher and dr salter round the twist be considered a drawback of the raw diet?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2015, 09:41 AM
Musher is fine. He tried to clarify what he meant, and he apologized for offending others, even though he didn't mean it. Dr. Salter is who I'm speaking about, and I have a feeling that at least a few others agree with me, whether they say it or not.

Say what you feel, but don't be nasty about it, and don't act surprised when others who have been feeding raw for decades with great results refuse to accept that it's a fad. That's only your opinion, it doesn't mean that others don't know what they're talking about.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2015, 09:54 AM
I think dr salter is my OH in disguise! He sounds just like him ... perhaps azz can confirm from the ip addtess? If it is i swear i will murder him!!
Mr.Bulldog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-03-2015, 10:06 AM
I too like musher and enjoy reading his exploits, perhaps I shall come out to the tundra and he can teach me the ways. Hell perhaps I'll bring the dogs, stick some American muscle in his sled lol.
Page 52 of 56 « First < 2 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 > Last »