How are things with Kelsea & her cast ?
Hoping things are going well
Kathryn
Keryn
New Member!
Female 

26-07-2010, 11:59 PM
Hi Kathryn,

Things are going really well with Kelsea - the cast has been on for 5 weeks now and is supposed to come off next week, then she will still have the screw in her 'ankle' for another month.

I have been having company come in for her which i think has stopped her from going nuts! The biggest problem is that her claws have grown so much and in the leg in the cast I think it has cramped her foot a bit but she is still using it however slipping on my shiny wooden floors! She does not like me touching it much - I tried trimming her claw one night and she pulled away which hurt her a bit so now she doesn't like me touching it But she has not shown any sign of being annoyed by it - not tried to chew it or anything so I am glad now that I went for that option. Whoever put the cast on did a good job I think.

Still a few months to go - as you mentioned previously though, it's when the cast comes off that is probably more of a problem!

Thanks for your concern.

Keryn
Keryn
New Member!
Female 

24-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Hi Kathryn,

Just an update - Kelsea now has the cast off and pin out and is doing very well so far! I have been keeping her caged when I'm not home and she seems quite settled in that, also no stairs and very little other activity, but she wants to!

I am very impressed with the treatment so far - she has a final stitch out on Friday and the surgeon is flying back to UK for good on that day so our loss is your gain. His name is Mark Tonzing - he did a great job!

Catch you later,

Keryn
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Pleased to hear things are going well
kathryn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi Keryn
just read your message, so by now all sutures are out sounds like she is doing really well & so are you coping with her!
Has she had much loss of muscle ?
Wonder which bit of the UK Mr Tonzing will end up!
Still presume Kelsea has a way to go with physio etc before she can be free running.
Keep posting
Kathryn x
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 9 10 11 12