Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2009, 10:22 PM

Foal growing up - one year old!

My WB x TB filly had her first birthday last week I'm amazed at how quickly she's growing up! In December, she was in a shetland sized headcollar, but now is quickly outgrowing her pony sized one and fits in my gelding's full-size (on all the smallest settings!).
Her little rug (5ft) is starting to look too small, so tonight I tried on the next size up, which drowed her only a few months ago, and I had to pick up my jaw from the floor when it fitted! I think I don't notice how big she's getting, as I see her every day.

I thought to celebrate her first birthday, I would share some photos of her (most of which you will have no doubt seen before ) from her arrival as a weanling in December, through to her first birthday.

The first time I met River, aged seven months.

With her mum

The day she arrived - 22nd December 2008

Learning to lead in January

Pulling faces

In February - starting to look more like a horse, and less like a fuzz ball!

During and after her first bath on 20th April!

Her first trip to the veterinary clinic on 22nd April. She even loaded into the horsebox like a pro! She went in for x-rays and ultrasounds on her fetlock joint, as she had a strange swelling, but fortunately it's not serious or interferring with her growth. The vet was a bit baffled, but if it doesn't eventually disappear, it's purely cosmetic.

Sun bathing after a thunderstorm on her birthday!

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 06:24 AM
Divine