Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 06:58 PM

Bakewell Show - Dogs Unleashed..

Sorry if we past you, but so many dogs, I didn't have time to recognise them. Had a fun day, wasn't as big as I thought it would be though - quite disappointing in that sense...

Entered Sadie in the "Prettiest bitch" out of 96 other bitches - she didn't win a thing And I think the judge was biased - all the winners were pedigree and very young (even though there was a puppy class today also) Sadie was robbed..

She also had a go at agility, took her round first time on lead then 2nd time off lead and she didn't hesitate on the walk, the tunnels or the collapsed tunnel (I did throw treats down though ) we wouldn't have won speediest lap LOL.

We of course saw Layton and Dizzi

A good day out - but I think I'll keep away from the flyball next time - a bit of earache now

Anyone else go?
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 07:02 PM
No, I didn't but I'm glad you had a good time, sounds like it was fun!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Layton's now posing in his new collar - if you can pose with legs and nadgers up in the air on a sofa!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Wow! 96 dogs seems an awful lot in just one class!

I guess the judge didn't "go over" each one and get them to move or you'd still be there.

It's just what the judge likes on the day as we went to a dog show recently and my bitch who has one eye and a flopsy ear took 2nd out of 15 bitches for "prettiest one" and there was a breed standard Kerry bitch in the class that was unplaced. She said Cherry had character and was fantastic condition for her age though.
On the other hand Parker went unplaced in a class for "handsome dog" and there were 5 places and only six dogs How can you not think he is handsome!!

At the end of the day you always take the best dog home remember.

Seems a shame to just pick all pedigree winners at a fun show though.
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-06-2011, 07:58 AM
We were there all weekend with The Siberian Husky Welfare Association stand. We didn't get much time to walk round though as we were pretty busy most of the time.

Mick
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by MickB View Post
We were there all weekend with The Siberian Husky Welfare Association stand. We didn't get much time to walk round though as we were pretty busy most of the time.

Mick
Did I ask you if I could have a go with the rig? I asked someone that LOL, they wouldn't let me set it up with their dogs, and they said Sadie would be too litte

KerryO, I was a bit miffed that she picked all pedigrees, I would've liked a mix to have placed. The bitch next door to me, Bella and her owner and I both thought our dogs had been robbed. They should've had a limit on numbers but all the money went to charity so you can't really grumble. She's still gorgeous to me!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 03:00 PM
We were there! We went down on the Saturday night and camped, it was ace and looked like a dog owner refuce camp LOL

Managed to have a look around before the maddness of our show started and it was a great event. We were camped next to someone who made the rigs and had brought his dogs. was a lovely bloke - not a bad view to wake up to in the morning, he even made me a cuppa!

Tried our pair in the rig but they would only pull if Dave was running along side them, he said they were too well behaved LOL

I heard about the huge class, we had a few people enter our show in the bitch class and they were worried they were going to miss it!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Shame they picked all pedigrees. Sounds like a popular show though!
Did you see the terrier racing? My friends boy won!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Did I ask you if I could have a go with the rig? I asked someone that LOL, they wouldn't let me set it up with their dogs, and they said Sadie would be too litte

KerryO, I was a bit miffed that she picked all pedigrees, I would've liked a mix to have placed. The bitch next door to me, Bella and her owner and I both thought our dogs had been robbed. They should've had a limit on numbers but all the money went to charity so you can't really grumble. She's still gorgeous to me!
Well SLB, good job you weren't at the show my little Great-niece went to with her "Jack Spaniel! (don't ask!-can you guess the cross?) as they had huge size classes and she entered the class for "best crossbreed" and this was won by a Weimeraner! They let pedigree dogs enter too-work that one out!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
We were there! We went down on the Saturday night and camped, it was ace and looked like a dog owner refuce camp LOL

Managed to have a look around before the maddness of our show started and it was a great event. We were camped next to someone who made the rigs and had brought his dogs. was a lovely bloke - not a bad view to wake up to in the morning, he even made me a cuppa!

Tried our pair in the rig but they would only pull if Dave was running along side them, he said they were too well behaved LOL

I heard about the huge class, we had a few people enter our show in the bitch class and they were worried they were going to miss it!
I did keep an eye out for you, but all the NI's looked pretty similar to me

Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
Shame they picked all pedigrees. Sounds like a popular show though!
Did you see the terrier racing? My friends boy won!
I only saw lurchers having a go - I think we missed the terrier racing..

Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Well SLB, good job you weren't at the show my little Great-niece went to with her "Jack Spaniel! (don't ask!-can you guess the cross?) as they had huge size classes and she entered the class for "best crossbreed" and this was won by a Weimeraner! They let pedigree dogs enter too-work that one out!
Well, Hmmm, nope can't work it out
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >