View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 09:26 PM

water out of a spray bottle, is this enough?

I have discovered that the dogs love drinking water out of a large water spray bottle and I was wondering whether the would enough to give them as a drink when I was out and about, they do drink a lot of it. Would this be ok or should I give it to them out of a bowl? It just that the spray bottle would be easier to carry around and I could spray it on there coats to cool them down. What do you think?

Sarah xxxx
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 09:29 PM
i would think a bowl would be better?
i carry a frisby out with mine and use that as a bowl for the water.

dont know tho
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2005, 09:30 PM
i would use it to cool them down but not to drink from if its hot.
what about those carry bottles you can buy? i have a water flask for mine its heavy some times but does the trick.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Dogs generally like to be able to lap at water,so your spray may not be enough.When out with Vegas,i carry a 2 litre bottle of water & a little plastic bowl for him to drink from and carry it all in a small backpack.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Depends how hot they are and what they are doing. Big drinks of cold water can cause bloat. If mine are exercising/training on a very hot day I prefer them to have frequent, small, drinks from a bottle.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 09:38 PM
ah yeh u can get a special dog bumbag thing where u can carry a water bottle and bowl.

heres one

http://www.ultrastone-intl.com/oh4.htm
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the link jenny, its just the pups seem to go particularly mad for water out the spray bottle and they will quite happily stand there for ages and just drink. I was looking for a bumbag though cause I have loads of stuff that I want with me but I never want to carry it!

sarah xxxxx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2005, 09:57 PM
I have a spray bottle which you have to pump and it sprays a lot of water. Its too heavy for walks though so I have to use a portable water bottle and bowl for walks.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 09:21 AM
i uses one of those folding bottles with built in bowl .. between 3 and 5 pounds online . £1 in our local poundland .. i bought a few in case 1 broke so id always have a spare . its a big hit with tyson . he loves drinking the water as it comes out of the bottle into the bowl part
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by deefin
i uses one of those folding bottles with built in bowl .. between 3 and 5 pounds online . £1 in our local poundland .. i bought a few in case 1 broke so id always have a spare . its a big hit with tyson . he loves drinking the water as it comes out of the bottle into the bowl part
i was just about to aks about this but what do you think to them Deefin, do you really think they're any good? At first, I thought oh what a great idea! Then I thought but if you can carry a bowl and a bottle of water, what's the point? lol

otherwise, these bowls look like a good idea for people who are on the move at meal times! scroll down to the second one on this link they look like little lunchboxes but open up to two bowls, then you carry around some water and some food. Easy!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >