Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Oh, poor boy

That is so very young, but not the end of the world. My lad had arthritis diagosed at 8, and he was so bad at one point he couldn't walk 50 yards to the end of the street without having to lie down

He is 12 now, and happily runs round after the little one, and only gets a bi stiff if he has really overdone it.

His magic was glucosamine (though I have now ordered some honey that was advised!)

So sad he has more vet visits!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 09:49 PM
OH no!! Poor Kyiro.

I really hope it dosent turn out to be something sinister.
Give him a hug from me and mine.
xxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Something is not adding up. He had a Carprodil injection yesterday and has had his Carprodil today but he is still as uncomfortable to walk. I took him out for 15 mins tonight and I am literally towing him as if all his joints hurt as well as that foot/ankle. He is walking like a 18year old dog not a 4year old/
Now my experience of Carprodil in the past I would have expected to see him much more comfortable. He wants to go on a walk but then when you go within about the first 50-100yrds he just looks miserable and lags behind right at the end of the full length of his lead and thats with me walking at snails pace..
The other thing is he has a really red bruise on his back leg that looks so red it looks like its a graze thats bleeding. He has had a couple of those over the past few weeks, which I have never seen on a dog before.
His appetite is good and he is toileting normally his gums are pink but he is so lethargic. I am wondering if when I go back on Monday its worth me asking her to do a blood test, although not sure what to ask her to check for.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Something is not adding up. He had a Carprodil injection yesterday and has had his Carprodil today but he is still as uncomfortable to walk. I took him out for 15 mins tonight and I am literally towing him as if all his joints hurt as well as that foot/ankle. He is walking like a 18year old dog not a 4year old/
Now my experience of Carprodil in the past I would have expected to see him much more comfortable. He wants to go on a walk but then when you go within about the first 50-100yrds he just looks miserable and lags behind right at the end of the full length of his lead and thats with me walking at snails pace..
The other thing is he has a really red bruise on his back leg that looks so red it looks like its a graze thats bleeding. He has had a couple of those over the past few weeks, which I have never seen on a dog before.
His appetite is good and he is toileting normally his gums are pink but he is so lethargic. I am wondering if when I go back on Monday its worth me asking her to do a blood test, although not sure what to ask her to check for.
What a worry for you Bev.

Might be worth having a chat with them on Monday and mentioning the bruising even if it has gone by Monday, and that he is still sluggish after the two injections.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 05:43 AM
Poor lad..... so sorry, Bev. Hope you can make him comfortable.....

x0x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 05:53 AM
Poor Kyiro and poor you Bev...not sure what to suggest but I'm thinking of you and sending your special boy lots of healing vibes. xxx
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Just caught this. I am sorry to be reading this. Poor boy. Everything crossed here for a positive outcome xxxxx Healing vibes from us xxxxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Here is a pic of Kyiros strange bruise. the vet had clipped the hair from it when he was in there the other day, as she spotted it there. Not sure if he done it there or not as I hadn't noticed it before.
Can you see the two funny black dots? I am really not sure what they are as i can't tell if they have punctured the skin or not.

Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Oh no, poor Kyiro... I hope the vets can get him sorted asap, I can see those black dots, could he have been bitten by something? Poor little guy, sending him **hugs** and you too xxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Just thought I had better clarify the bruise is on his hind leg, the x-rays were taken on his front wrist .
I wonder if he is catching or banging himself on the cage there as thats not the first time he has come home with bruises.
I might ring the vets this afternoon and see whether if I email pics of his leg if she can tell anything from that as he is so scared of going there I just don't want to cause him anymore trauma.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »