Female 

27-04-2020, 04:22 PM
Awww I am sorry to hear that Kazz, hope she will be o.k
Do you want to come and lay my slabs ...I have a cement mixer lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-04-2020, 05:48 PM
Everything crossed for your friend Kazz.

Had some dreadful news earlier, our friend Jacky rang her husband has Huntingdons. He contracted covid 19 and was in hospital started to recover, tested clear last week due to go back to the home today room all prepared new tele delivered and Jacky got a call from the hospital. He isn't gone to recover his kidneys are shot, he is on palliative care.
He may go back to the home they would happily receive him back, but it will depend how long he is likely to carry on.
Jacky decided she wanted to go and see him so broke the rules her son drove her over she said her goodbyes and is now on her own dealing with it after her son dropped her back home. The hospital had old her they do allow one loved to say goodby and they suit them up.
The hospital has an ipad set up so she can talk to him he cannot speak now, so it has escalated the Huntindons and as that was the secondary condition to the covid the covid has destroyed his kidneys and that is what does apparently.
Feeling very sad about our friend and Jacky as we cannot be there to support her.

Never ever thought it would affect us this closely.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2020, 05:56 PM
Good Lord Lynn how totally scary and heart-breaking.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2020, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Awww I am sorry to hear that Kazz, hope she will be o.k
Do you want to come and lay my slabs ...I have a cement mixer lol
I would happily but oh hang on there is a lockdown and that's my excuse and I am sticking with it. LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-04-2020, 05:59 PM
Absolutely Kazz lost for words, just that surreal feeling yet again.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-04-2020, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Is greenfly the soapy water Losos?? My bamboo looks like it is dead, no clue if it's been sprayed with weedkiller from you know who.

Yes I tried the soapy water thing and it seems to have worked. People tell me that you need to see if the ants are on the plant, that indicates that greenfly are there as well but much harder to spot.

If next door have been spraying then you may well have some drifting onto your Bamboo typical of them and very hard to prove they done it.

Hope it recovers, it's a nice plant, Alena tried it a few years back.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-04-2020, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Had some dreadful news earlier, our friend Jacky rang her husband has Huntingdons. He contracted covid 19 and was in hospital

Lynn, so sorry for you and of course your freind. It's a terrible situation when you can't sit by a loved one and hold their hand in the last few hours of their life.

I still can't comprehend how fast this Covid19 virus has spread. I think there will have to be restrictions of people who visit unsafe places and return here carrying these deadly viruses in the future.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-04-2020, 06:54 PM
Thank you Kazz and Harvey. Oh I agree 100% Harvey everywhere will need to have far tighter restrictions and test everyone coming in.
At this precise moment I am not entirely sure when we will be safe again. I expect eventually the survival of the fittest will come into play and like all other epidemics that have come and gone obviously not a pandemic like this one we will gradually if lucky build up immunity.
At this point in time and with the news just received and Gorden reading about someone who had had it, been clear for 3 weeks now back in hospital unwell again it makes you wonder if we will ever go back to whatever normal was.

I have had great success with soapy water and killing off greenfly.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2020, 10:00 PM
Oh gosh Lynn...I am so sorry for your friend...i hope the gentleman passes peacefully...he has suffered so much already.. hard for those left behind.
I think with most diseases, it will evolve... I believe there was 2 strains originally..one quite mild and then covid 19, stands to reason really, flu evolves doesn't it? How many strains of that are there now??
Lol.... good excuse Kazz, we haven't ordered any sand etc at the moment as that is risking someone's health unnecessarily....oooooo checked the bamboo and it's damp, poked my fingers into the earth and that's damp too...I personally suspect next door has sprayed weed killer, I had 2 Acer's last year by their fence and they died off...managed to save one but alas, one hasn't made it...also two of my little conifer trees in pots are dead...I am seeing a pattern, just hard to prove it!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2