View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 11:30 AM

Who's from Cornwall or Devon or knows about holiday parks there?

We are thinking of heading down to either Cornwall or Devon in September or October, and stopping at Manchester on the way there and back. We are toying with the idea of a really cheap caravan holiday (in fact The Suns caravan park offer to be exact)

We have no idea about where's good to go and which of the holiday parks would be the best for us. We won't spend a lot of time at the park, but would like somewhere near dog friendly beaches/coves thats within easy reach of good eating places(preferably dog friendly or outside bits to sit - whats the weather like in Sept/Oct) and some touristy things to do. And also ideas of the "must sees" and the "must dos"

The complete list of parks is at http://www.ukholidaysinthesun.co.uk/...promo=AUT2ND09 and if you scroll down there are Cornwall and Devon parks.

We'd opt for the mid week break to give us 4 nights there
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 07:31 PM
have posted you on reply already on my thread about cornwall as asked similar questions. looks like they're should be lots of mutt friendly activities!!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 09:30 PM
North Devon is reasonably dog friendly and would be my recommendation. Most the beaches will be ok for dog-walking in september/october as the bans usually last from May to September.

I can't comment on the holiday parks as i've not stayed at any of them. We stayed up near Woolacombe last year and it was fab.

If you do choose Devon let me know as i've got a bit of dog friendly info that might help!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
North Devon is reasonably dog friendly and would be my recommendation. Most the beaches will be ok for dog-walking in september/october as the bans usually last from May to September.

I can't comment on the holiday parks as i've not stayed at any of them. We stayed up near Woolacombe last year and it was fab.

If you do choose Devon let me know as i've got a bit of dog friendly info that might help!
Ohh....you traitor you!!

We all know that Cornish is the best....
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Ohh....you traitor you!!

We all know that Cornish is the best....
Ohhh you Cornish folk, honestly! Just remember you have to come through the better county to get to yours!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Do many of these places accept dogs? if so, how do you find out? it doesnt say in the blurbs ive looked at