Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-12-2008, 12:38 PM

Gorden our hero today.

We were walking Ollie on the field near our house and saw a little JRT running like mad along side the crem fence then it took off across the road luckily not busy today and we saw what we thought was another terrier and they were running side by side squealing we thought having fun.
Next thing I know Gorden was off the field across the road and after this little JRT me thinking it was attacking the other dog lots of squealing going on, it had a Muntjack deer by the back of its neck ragging it, Gorden clapped his hands shouted grabbed the JRT round the back of its neck and the Muntjack ran away seemed unharmed the speed it took off, eventually got into the nature reserve.
We phoned the number on the JRT's collar he was in the woods he was dog sitting 4 other dogs, and said this one is always running away chasing things (JRT) is his dog, Gorden suggested a harness and a long line and showed him Ollies, you know though when you just know people are not going to learn.
It upset me because i'm now thinking this is probably what happened to my poor old Bruno he would not of been able to run like he use too or jump into a tree as quick as he could.
The man was very grateful we had got him.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Well done Gorden for saving the deer, Lynn. Some people can be so irresponsible........