View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-08-2006, 11:40 PM

Does it play a part in you liking celebs if they're animal lovers or not?

Just wondered... whether it makes any difference to you how you see/rate a celeb if they like animals or not?
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

05-08-2006, 11:40 PM
I think I do - They get lots of extra points for being animal lovers I think this is because most animal lovers I know are quite sensitive, kind and caring people, with the capcity to care for and love something that 'needs' looking after. Good qualities in my eyes!
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I suppose it does, although with a lot of them I find it difficult to determine whether they are genuine animal lovers, or it's just part of their public persona. I was always a real sucker for Rolf Harris on Animal Hospital

I think in general I feel more drawn to people who obviously care about animals.
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 12:19 AM
If I like a celeb then read about their pets or that they have done somthing to help animals it makes me like them even more as you can see they have a caring side too
plus I have been totally put off celebs who dislike or arent interested in animal welfare - like ones who think its cool to wear real fur
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 06:21 AM
I totally agree - celebs, in fact anyone for that matter, rise in my estimation if they are animal lovers
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 08:39 AM
I don't think it does with me, I'm not really a celebrity watcher. But my own friends that's different. I'd find it hard to be friends with someone who wasn't an animal lover.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by trikeschick
I don't think it does with me, I'm not really a celebrity watcher. But my own friends that's different. I'd find it hard to be friends with someone who wasn't an animal lover.
Yes I agree trikeschick, I am not really into celebrities at all (don't even know who half of them are ) but I prefer people in real life who like dogs and other animals - I find that I get on with them more than people that just like kids to be honest.
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I find that I get on with them more than people that just like kids to be honest.

yep could never quite understand how people can like kids but not animals. I have a few acquaintances/family members who don't like dogs - needless to say they don't visit now we have Suki - if I'd known that was all it took I'd have got another dog years ago!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 09:03 AM
Not really - I don't know them personally and am unlikely too so it doesn't affect me. If however, I hear about any cruelty then that would make a difference I think.
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Yes, i would say it does !
A while back there was a few models who did a "rather go naked than wear fur" campaign, one of them was Niaomi Campbell. I had alot of respect for them for doing it. But 10 mins later it was reported that said Ms Campbell was spotted wearing fur ! Now i have to look away in disgust everytime i see her on TV. Obviously money is more important than morals !
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »