View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Woofer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Loads of balls, meat filled bones, rope toy, they have loads, probably more than the kids,lol
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Mine are spoilt rotten! They have an overflowing box of toys, all soft fluffy ones that make various noises. They dont seem to like hard toys or rubbery ones.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 08:46 AM
aaahwww
get the violins out Bruno has the least toys - he is deprived......

He has
his stinky football
basketball
tug toy
small bouncy ball
frisbee - used to have 2 but he broke one and has now been chewed apart...
couple of nylabones skulking about the house too

Everything else has either been eaten, squeaks have been swallowed !!!, he likes nothing more than a plastic juice bottle to chew on or ripping up paper !!

VERY easily pleased he is !!!

Worst thing of all is his stinky ball- its the most threadbare ball, stinks to high heaven of drool and various other monstrosities, he takes it everywhere with him and if you hide it he cries !!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2005, 08:56 AM
My lot have their own toy box too, usually they take everything out of it, into the garden, can someone tell me how to teach them to put them back in the box!!!
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 12:37 AM
At this moment in time, they have NONE!
They've demolished both Kongs that were bought for them last wednesday, eaten/shredded/lost 24 tennis balls bought a week ago and my carrier bag of stuffed toys purchased from the charity shop is well and truely empty (the remains of which are spread from here to 2 houses away) And the only evidence of the bones that they were given on Saturday morning are now strewn across the grass and most probably buried under my rose bush (whats left of it).

yep, sadly they are very deprived

We used to have a toy box too, but sadly that also was eaten.
Tania
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2006, 01:03 AM
We bought a few for the pup, but adult female keeps destroying them.

We now have a couple of toys in Lupi's crate - soft ones to curl up with and a squeaky one if he gets bored - hopefully not at 4am.

For some odd reason, Phoebe loves to pull stuffing out of anything (our duvet, soft doggy toys). Although Squeaky soft toys we have to be careful about because of the 'squeakers'.

Not too bothered about the duvet we buy one 'cheap' every week or two. Saves having to wash them and can pick them up dirt cheap at Tescos.

As we are feeding raw food, they get occupied with bones.

Their favorites are not bought toys/nylabones, no they turn their noes up and have 'socks galore' (again, dirt cheap). Real bones, each other and sticks(?). We can live with that .

Long as they are occupied and not destroying other things (clothes, sofas,etc), I don't see the need for loads of toys.

Would probably be different if we had only one dog.
younglady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2006, 11:06 AM
my mum moans at me but i cant help buying our dog new toys , he loves anything squeky and has a crocodile, a giant bone and a dinosaur to name but a few!
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 01:21 PM
My Jack Russell has HUNDREDS.....but her favs are CUZ, plastic water bottles scrunched up,her pink chimp, migrator duck fluffy toy, rubber Hippo, and a plush frisbee-ALL have squeakers in them...hahaaaa my guy HATES the squeaks..he doesnt visit for long LOL
oh she loves her rugby and footballs too....
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Oh, the shame Bongo has sooooo many toys. I've even lost count of the ones that she's lost/destroyed. Among her favourites:

string of sausages
ball on a rope
raggers
teddy bears (don't last long!)
old sheepskin slipper (mum's dogs have the other of the pair!)

I don't even count the assorted Kongs, buster cubes, molecuballs and bones as toys, those are occupational therapy
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 12:46 PM
God, Doggie Toys (my favourite passtime according to my OH) my little munchkin has munched his way through just about every toy I've bought. The only one to have survived (though I have to admit he's on the second one now) is a black rubber tyre - like a mini car tyre.

It worries me the amount of toys he can get through, this week I bought 2 new ones a duck with a rope through and knotted at each end - within 2 minutes he got the squeek out leaving a hole in the ducks bum, bit his head off and shreaded the platted rope (I couldn't believe it).

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the cost of all these toys but I worry that he will have to have an operation to remove something hes swallowed.

Last week my friends Staffie had to be operated on to have part of a Kong removed - it is worrying.
Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »