Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 03:20 AM

uploading

hello all

i have my dogs ped in a word program and i want to add it to my site. its a five gen ped with pic and i want to add all of it. i know of a 4 gen ped thing on the net that i can add pic to but not a 5 gen 1

so how do i get a word doc on to the net or changed in to a pic doc? i can only add pic docs to my site but if i can get a copy of the ped on the net then i can link to it

i hope you know what im on about
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-01-2006, 03:58 AM
Presumably, you can create a page that contains a link to the doc, when someone clicks on the link, whatever office app they have will open it. Like this:

Create an html page with a link to the word doc, link.htm and ped.doc for example. upload 'em both to your host server. That's it.

Hope that helped...
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-01-2006, 07:46 AM
Here you go Bobbie3917 it's only a trial software but it will be good for you just what you want

http://www.print-driver.com/howto/co...le_to_jpeg.htm
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2006, 04:54 PM
thanks Leo thats just what im looking for

and Rich i have the link thing sorted but i dont know how to get the doc up on to my host server but i think the link that Leo put up will do just great

thanks both
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by bobbie3917
thanks Leo thats just what im looking for

and Rich i have the link thing sorted but i dont know how to get the doc up on to my host server but i think the link that Leo put up will do just great

thanks both
I use file transfer protocol programs that list what you've got on your desktop computer and let you drag 'n' drop 'em onto the host server. I suppose if you're using an application that does it all for you and only recognizes certain file formats, you'd get stuck... But then I have to admit I have a few computer geeky tendencies...